The IsiZulu language radio station Ukhozi FM continues to lead as the biggest station in the country, with an audience 7.5 million listeners – an increase of 200 000 listeners from the previous release. Umhlobo Wenene assumes the second position with almost 5.4 million listeners.
Which is the biggest radio station in Africa?
Ukhozi FM . Ukhozi FM continues to soar as it reaches a weekly audience of 7.7 million (All adults 15+). This is the largest audience the isiZulu language station has recorded since 2016 when the Broadcast Research Council took over radio measurement.
Which radio station has the most listeners in South Africa?
This statistic shows the audience of selected commercial radio stations in South Africa as of August 2017. The data shows that Metro FM had 5.26 million listeners in the seven days prior to the date of study, and Yfm, South Africa’s most popular radio station for younger listeners, had an audience of 1.34 million.
What are the top 10 radio stations?
Top 10 Radio Stations in the United States
- WTOP. Washington’s Top News. Washington, D.C. …
- KIIS-FM. Los Angeles, California. Contemporary Hit Radio. …
- KBIG-FM. Los Angeles, California. …
- WLTW-FM. New York, New York. …
- WHTZ-FM. New York, New York. …
- WFAN-FM. New York, New York. …
- 1010 WINS. New York, New York. …
- WCBS-AM. New York, New York.
How many radio stations are in South Africa?
According to a recent article in the City Press, South Africa has 40 commercial/public radio stations, 256 community stations, making a total of 296 stations in the country.
Which is the coolest radio station in South Africa?
METRO FM affirmed its position as the Coolest Radio Station in the country for the 8th year in a row.
What is the most listened to radio station in the world?
The biggest of them all, BBC Radio 2, has 15 million weekly listeners – with a total audience of 3.2 million in the 15 minutes between 8:00am and 8:15am on a Monday morning.
What is the first radio station in South Africa?
SAfm is a national, English-language public radio station in South Africa. It has been operated by the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) since its founding in 1936. SAfm was the SABC’s first radio station, and the country’s first public radio station.
How do radio stations make money in South Africa?
The listening audience, similar to a TV audience and social media users, are the product being sold to advertisers. This is how radio stations make money; through advertising. Extra income also comes from sponsored content and events (however, this is also a form of a advertising) as well as charging callers.
Who is the best radio presenter in South Africa?
Top 10 Radio Presenters with the Best Voices Ever!
- Pabi Moloi of 96.4 Metro Fm has a very unique voice that is both intriguing and interesting. …
- Mark Pilgrim from 94.5 Kfm is the type of guy you wouldn’t mind hearing all the time. …
- Anele Mdoda from 94.7 Hiveld Stereo has the perfect voice that just draws you completely.
What are the top 5 listened to radio stations in the USA?
Top 10 U.S. Radio Stations
- WLTW-FM 106.7 Lite fm – New York – 5,013,600.
- WHTZ-FM Z100 – New York – 4,388,300.
- WKTU-FM 103.5 – New York – 4,136,500.
- KIIS-FM 102.7 – Los Angeles – 4,117,600.
- KBIG-FM 104.3 MYFM – Los Angeles – 4,057,200.
- KOST-FM 103.5 – Los Angeles – 3,661,600.
- WCBS-FM 101.1 – New York – 3,591,800.
Which FM is best?
Take a look at our list of some of the great FM Radio sets that you can get for your home.
- Saregama Carvaan Premium. …
- Saregama Carvaan Mini 2.0. …
- Amkette Pocket FM Portable Multimedia Speaker. …
- Philips RL205/94 FM Radio. …
- Noizzy Box Retro XS Vintage Retro Classic Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
What are good radio channels?
Top 10 Top 40 U.S. Radio Stations
- WHTZ-FM – New York, New York – 389,369.
- KIIS-FM – Burbank, California – 338,008.
- WKQI-FM – Detroit, Michigan – 194,040.
- WWPW-FM – Atlanta, Georgia – 158,867.
- KMVQ-FM – San Francisco, California – 127, 409.
- WWWQ-FM – Atlanta, Georgia – 111, 651.
- WIOQ-FM – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – 103,453.
How much do radio DJS earn in South Africa?
Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in South Africa. An entry level radio dj (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of R196,805. On the other end, a senior level radio dj (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of R330,753.
Which is the oldest radio station?
… world’s first commercial radio station, KDKA, began broadcasting in Pittsburgh in 1920.
Who is the highest paid radio personality?
He’s still earning millions from his main occupation: Seacrest pulled in an estimated $30 million from his daily radio show, plus another $20 million from other gigs and brand endorsements.