All visitors to Botswana must be in possession of a passport that is valid for at least 6 months, with the exception of those with outgoing travel documents and sufficient funds for the duration of their stay.
Do South African passport holders need visa for Botswana?
REQUIREMENTS FOR A BOTSWANA VISA South African Passport Holders DO NOT Require Visas. A valid passport is required, with a minimum of 2 blank pages facing each other, Valid for 6 Months after date of return. A copy of the passport information page. Copy of SA Permanent permit/work permit or study permit.
What do I need to go to Botswana?
A passport with at least six months validity is required to enter Botswana. U.S. citizens are allowed stays of up to 90 total days within a 12-month period without a visa. If a U.S. citizen has a temporary travel document or passport, they must have a visa to enter. Without one, individuals will face fines and delays.
How long does it take to get a Botswana visa?
How long will this service take? It takes seven (7) to fourteen (14) days after the date of application for the service to be completed and or one (1) day if it is Visa on arrival.
Who needs a visa for Botswana?
A Botswana visa for US citizens and several other nationalities is not necessary for short stays up to 90 days. However, for longer periods of stay, it is necessary to apply for a visa from a Botswana Consulate or Embassy.
Which countries can enter South Africa without visa?
As of April 2021, South African passport holders are able to access 101 destinations without obtaining a prior visa.
|Cape Verde Islands*||Mauritania*||St. Helena*|
|Comores Islands*||Mauritius||Swaziland (eSwatini)|
Which countries are visa-free for South African passport?
More Visa-Free Countries for South African Passport Holders
- Antigua & Barbuda.
- British Virgin Islands.
How expensive is Botswana?
You should plan to spend around P661 ($62) per day on your vacation in Botswana, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, P177 ($17) on meals for one day and P48 ($4.51) on local transportation.
How much is Botswana visa fee?
Fees for Consular and Immigration Services
|8||Tourist Visa||$ 30 single entry up to 1 month|
|9||Single entry Visitor Visa up to 3 months||$ 30|
|10||Visitor Visa more than 3months||$ 150|
|11||Business Visa||$ 50 single entry|
What do I need to cross the border into Botswana?
- Visa requirements: Citizens of SA won’t need a visa for crossing a Botswana border post. …
- Driver’s license: South African and international driver’s licenses are accepted.
- Vehicle insurance: …
- Vehicle registration documents: …
- Clearance certificate: …
- Indication of origin: …
How can I get permanent residency in Botswana?
Permanent Residence Application
- Resided lawfully in Botswana continuously for at least 5 years.
- Be of good character.
- Have made significant contributions to Botswana.
- Be of good standing in the society.
- Have enough means to support oneself and dependents.
Do you need a work permit to work in Botswana?
Botswana has one work visa, also known as a work permit, for all foreign employees working in the country under the Employment of the Non-Citizens Act. Employers cannot engage an employee unless they hold a valid Botswana work permit or a certificate of exemption.
How do you become a citizen of Botswana?
- Completed Certificate for Naturalization (Form L)
- Two recent coloured passport size photos.
- Two certified copies of valid Botswana residence permit.
- Completed set of police report forms.
- Certified copy of birth certificate.
- Certified copy of marriage certificate and copy of spouse’s citizenship status (if applicable)
What is the best time to visit Botswana?
The best time to visit Botswana is during the dry season between May and October, when you can expect warm, sunny days (22°C-35°C) and chilly nights. This is also when the water levels in the Okavango Delta are at their highest, creating the waterways and channels Botswana is famed for.
What are the three main tourist attractions in Botswana?
Top tourist attractions in Botswana
- Okavango Delta. Tourist attraction. …
- Chobe National Park. National park. …
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. Protected Site. …
- Tsodilo. World Heritage Site. …
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve. Protected Site. …
- Mokolodi Nature Reserve. Protected Site. …
- Nxai Pan National Park. Protected Site.
What is special about Botswana?
It is the biggest diamond to be discovered in Botswana and the largest find in more than a century. 8. This year the country celebrates its 50th year of independence from Britain in 1966. Botswana is Africa’s longest surviving democracy and has blossomed since independence with a stable and prosperous economy.