The parents /legal guardians of first time applicants must bring along a certified copy of their IDs as well. In the case where the parents are deceased, a child needs to be accompanied by their legal guardian.
What is needed to apply for an ID in South Africa?
Forms BI-9 and BI-309 completed with the correct information. Proof of the error, that shows the correct information e.g. birth certificate. Two identical colour photographs (NOT needed at smartcard offices as ID images are captured digitally)
How do I get a first time ID in South Africa?
First time applicant identity document:
- BI 9 form/DHA-9 (COMPULSORY FOR ALL PEOPLE 16 YEARS AND OLDER) – Full set of fingerprints. …
- BI 529 – Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. …
- Divorce decree. …
- Certified copy of marriage certificate. …
- Certified copy of South African ID book and/or Birth Certificate;
What do I need to bring to get a state ID?
card, most states require the following:
- Fill out an application form.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Provide proof of state residency.
- Provide your Social Security Number.
- Have your thumbprint taken.
- Have your picture taken.
- Pay a small fee.
How do I get my South African ID without a birth certificate?
* If you don’t have a birth certificate
- Completed forms DHA-24, DHA-24/A x 2 and DHA-288 to register the birth. …
- If you are a citizen, you need to bring your valid South African ID.
- If you don’t have a valid South African ID, you need to submit Form BI-9 to apply for an ID.
How much does it cost to apply for an ID in South Africa?
You can get a South African ID if you are a South African citizen or permanent resident and are aged 16 years or older.
Applying for an Identity Document.
|Types of Applications||Cost of Applications||Photographs|
|Replacement of an ID or Smart Card||R140||Two identical ID photos|
|Temporary ID||R70||Two identical ID photos|
Can I apply for an ID at FNB?
FNB in partnership with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has launched the application of Smart ID and passport (new/ renewal) to the public. Apply online and collect at one of these FNB Branches: Lynnwood (Grove Shopping Mall), Centurion Lifestyle, 4 Merchant Place and Burgersfort.
Is Home Affairs open during lockdown for ID?
For collection of ID, please do not come to Home Affairs unless you are specifically invited via an SMS. … Home Affairs offices will continue opening Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:30. We are extending our operating hours to 19:00 to accommodate people who need to register deaths and births up to 15 February 2021.
Can I apply for a South African ID online?
Easy to use, convenient, and just a click away
eHomeAffairs allows the following: Submit ID and Passport applications online, Make online payments for applications, Make bookings where allowed.
How long does it take to get an ID in South Africa?
receive a Smart ID Card? 14 working days from date of application provided it is a straight forward application meeting all the requirements.
What are two forms of proof of residency?
Examples of acceptable documents to prove California residency are: rental or lease agreements with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident, deeds or titles to residential real property, mortgage bills, home utility bills (including cellular phone), and medical or employee documents.
What documents do I need to get an Oklahoma state ID?
You must bring:
- Primary ID — usually a state-certified birth certificate. …
- If your current last name is different from your identification documents, you will need documentation connecting your name on your primary and secondary IDs to your current name, such as a marriage license, divorce decree, adoption decree, etc.
What are the 6 points of ID in NY?
If you have at least 6 points, use Section C to meet the residency requirements for the document you are applying for. Qualifications: proof of social security, proof of citizenship or lawful status, 2 proofs of residency, and 6 points of proof of name.
How much does it cost to get a birth certificate in South Africa?
The application fee is R 75.00. The documents you will need include: The Identity Documents of the parents and the child’s ID number. All documents need to be original or certified copies.
How long does it take to get a South African birth certificate?
This process will take 6 – 8 weeks. If you’re waiting on the unabridged birth certificate and need to travel, consider asking a Home Affairs office for a letter that provides the details of both parents. Your child will be able to travel when you receive this letter.
How do I apply for a lost ID card?
Dear Sir, This letter is to inform the department that I have lost my University id card in the seminar I attended (Date). When I became aware about such fact I visited the auditorium after the seminar but could not find it. This letter is to request a temporary card or such document which would indicate my identity.