Your family and friends can pick up the money in minutes1 at more than 5602 Western Union® agent locations in South Africa. It’s convenient. Whether you’re online or on the go, we make it easy and convenient for you to send money.
Does Western Union work in South Africa?
Receiving in South Africa:
Western Union Money Transfers are only available at select ABSA Bank Branches. Contact 0860 151 151 for nearest branch. Proper identification is required to receive a transaction.
How do I receive money from Western Union in South Africa?
Go to an authorised provider of the WESTERN UNION Money Transfer service and complete the TO RECEIVE form*. Give the teller at the authorised provider of the WESTERN UNION Money Transfer service, the completed form along with the required documents (see documentation section).
How can I transfer money from South Africa to USA?
Some of the best money transfer companies to send money from South Africa to the USA
- Fee free online transfers: OFX.
- Better rates for larger transfers: CurrencyFair.
- Paying in person: Western Union.
- Ideal for small remittances: WorldRemit.
What is the cheapest way to send money to South Africa?
The best ways to send money to South Africa
- Bank Transfer. Bank transfers are usually the cheapest option when it comes to funding your international money transfer with Wise. …
- Debit Card. Paying for your transfer with a debit card is easy and fast. …
- Credit Card. …
- PISP. …
How can I send money to someone without a bank account in South Africa?
How to Send Money to Someone Without a Bank Account
- Create an E-Wallet. This is by far the cheapest option. …
- Send via a Money Transfer Agent. Like an e-wallet, you and your recipient don’t need to have a bank account to transfer or receive money via a money transfer agent. …
- Use Pre-Paid Card Services. …
- Send Money in the Post. …
- Draw the Money and Deliver it in Person.
How can I send money to someone in South Africa?
Send Money to South Africa with Western Union
- It’s fast. Your family and friends can pick up the money in minutes1 at more than 5602 Western Union® agent locations in South Africa.
- It’s convenient. Whether you’re online or on the go, we make it easy and convenient for you to send money.
- It’s easy.
What is the maximum amount of money I can receive from Western Union?
ON THE PHONE: The money transfer limits range from $300 to $2,500. Note: Limits may vary based on sending and receiving location, so it’s best to check with Western Union itself before sending.
How much money can I send with Western Union?
|Service||Limit per transfer|
|Mobile Money Transfer||$500|
How do I get my money from Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location: Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Provide the following information to the Agent Clerk. Correct money transfer control number (MTCN). Sender’s name. Where money was sent from. Expected amount. Valid ID. Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Receive the Money.
What is required to receive money from Western Union?
Sender’s full name. Sender’s country. Money Transfer Control Number – MTCN. Acceptable ID document.
How do I get my money out of South Africa?
There are a number of allowances that allow you to get money out of South Africa and move your rand’s abroad, mainly: Annual foreign investment allowance – available to all South African adult citizens or permanent residency holders over the age of 18. The annual limit is R10 million per calender year per person.
Which bank is best for international transfers?
The Best U.S. bank for an international wire transfer is…
- Citibank. They have the lowest fee for sending money internationally through their website at $17.5 per transfer*.
- Chase at $40 per transfer*
- Bank of America at $45 per transfer*
- Wells Fargo at $45 per transfer*
Does PayPal work in South Africa?
PayPal is available for South African users but all transactions are processed in US$. We suggest you do this immediately if you are serious about starting an online business as the verification process can take up to 5 days and this might hold you back with your site launch.
How do I transfer money to a South African bank account?
How to Send Money to South Africa
- Gather the relevant banking information including the recipient’s bank account number, branch code, SWIFT code, and address.
- Sign up with OFX, or login to get a live quote.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- Select ‘finalise transaction’ to process your payment.
How long does it take to transfer money from Dubai to South Africa?
Speed:1-3 days ?
How long does it take to transfer money to South Africa?
For each transfer, add your recipient’s details – or select ‘existing recipient’ if you have sent them money before – and exchange the amount you want to send. As soon as you send the money, you can expect your online transfer to reach South Africa within 1-2 working days. Express payments usually arrive the same day.