You can apply for your ID book at any office of the Department of Home Affairs or any South African mission or consulate overseas. All applications are sent to the Department’s head office in Pretoria.
Can I apply for ID book?
Please visit your nearest Western Cape Home Affairs office to get one of these. All South Africans can now apply for the new Smart Identity card which replaces the green bar-coded identity document. … Applications for a Smart ID will cost R140.
How long does it take to get an ID book in South Africa?
receive a Smart ID Card? 14 working days from date of application provided it is a straight forward application meeting all the requirements.
How do I get a first time ID in South Africa?
First time applicant identity document:
- BI 9 form/DHA-9 (COMPULSORY FOR ALL PEOPLE 16 YEARS AND OLDER) – Full set of fingerprints. …
- BI 529 – Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. …
- Divorce decree. …
- Certified copy of marriage certificate. …
- Certified copy of South African ID book and/or Birth Certificate;
Can I apply for a South African ID online?
Easy to use, convenient, and just a click away
eHomeAffairs allows the following: Submit ID and Passport applications online, Make online payments for applications, Make bookings where allowed.
Does capitec do smart ID cards?
The smart ID is now available at both ABSA and Nedbank. … Members of the public can also get thier passport from banks like FNB, Capitec and Nedbank.
How do you get a South African ID if you are a foreigner?
- DHA -175 (application form).
- DHA -529 (applicant form).
- Proof of continuous residence 1 year prior to application.
- RSA Police report valid for six (6) months from the date of issue.
- Police clearance from country or countries of present nationalities.
- Letter confirming acceptance of dual nationality.
Is Home Affairs open during lockdown for ID?
For collection of ID, please do not come to Home Affairs unless you are specifically invited via an SMS. … Home Affairs offices will continue opening Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:30. We are extending our operating hours to 19:00 to accommodate people who need to register deaths and births up to 15 February 2021.
Can I apply for an ID at FNB?
FNB in partnership with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has launched the application of Smart ID and passport (new/ renewal) to the public. Apply online and collect at one of these FNB Branches: Lynnwood (Grove Shopping Mall), Centurion Lifestyle, 4 Merchant Place and Burgersfort.
How do I check if my identity is ready?
To confirm if their documents have indeed arrived at their nearest Home Affairs office members of the public can ‘track’ the application progress, by texting the word ‘ID’, a space and their 13-digit ID number to 32551. Alternatively they can call the Contact Centre on 0800 60 11 90.
How can I check my sa id online?
Check online for duplicate ID
- You can now check online if you share an Identity. Document (ID) number with other people. …
- Alternatively, you can send an SMS to 32551. with the letter D (for duplicate) followed by your ID number.
- The Department will also publish names of. …
- Addressing a media briefing, Home Affairs.
How do I get my South African ID without a birth certificate?
* If you don’t have a birth certificate
- Completed forms DHA-24, DHA-24/A x 2 and DHA-288 to register the birth. …
- If you are a citizen, you need to bring your valid South African ID.
- If you don’t have a valid South African ID, you need to submit Form BI-9 to apply for an ID.
Where can I do my national ID card?
For getting an Emirates ID card, the applicant has to fill the eForm at one of the authorised typing centres or through the online form available on website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC).
How long does it take to get a South African passport?
It will take about 7-21 working days to process the application and issue the passport. The tourist passport is valid for 10 years. Note: Passports must be valid for at least 30 days after the intended date of departure. Passports should also have at least 2 blank pages for entry stamps.
How long does it take to get a smart card ID in South Africa?
How long does it take for an applicant to receive a Smart ID Card? 14 working days from date of application provided it is a straight forward application meeting all the requirements.
How much does a passport cost in South Africa 2020?
Cost: R140 to process, but you will need to pay an additional R400 to get your proper tourist passport when you return.