The cost of the prepaid water management devices are upwards of R2,000, but the prepaid water prices are no different to what you would normally pay your municipality.
Is prepaid water expensive?
No – this is a myth. Prepaid and post-paid water cost exactly the same. It is illegal to sell municipal water above the municipal tariff rate declared. That being said, prepaid water gives consumers the opportunity to monitor their consumption and react immediately to possible leaks.
How do I buy prepaid water in South Africa?
- Step 1: Go to www.citiqprepaid.co.za.
- Step 2: Click on LOGIN.
- Step 3: Click on New Purchase.
- Step 4: Enter amount and select payment method: credit card or the Ozow EFT payment option. …
- Once the transaction is complete you will receive an SMS with your token number.
How do I buy prepaid water?
You need your 11 digit Prepaid Number starting with 31 or an old receipt, and some money. Call your nearest Call Centre or Municipality, and request at which outlets you are able purchase prepaid water. Make sure you have the Prepaid Number of your own meter, and not the meter of your neighbour.
How do I buy prepaid water with FNB?
Buying Water with Internet Banking
- ABSA. Select “Payment” “Purchase Prepaid”, “Add beneficiary”, “Beneficiary: “Waterwatch” …
- FNB. Select “Buy” “Electricity” Name: Waterwatch. Meter no: 310000_ _ _ _ …
- STANDARD BANK. Select “Prepaid” “Prepaid recharge” “Prepaid electricity” Type of recharged: “Electricity”
Where can I buy prepaid water?
Buy prepaid electricity or water at any one of hundreds of retail outlets including Pick n Pay, Checkers, and Spar. Your local garage will also be able to assist.
Is metered water cheaper?
It doesn’t matter how much water you use, your bill won’t change. Instead, the bill is based on the “rateable value” of your home – aka, how fancy it is. Some people pay less with a meter, some don’t. … You might well save money with a meter.
How can I buy prepaid credit online?
for short, how to buy prepaid online. To use the E-prepaid app, users simply download E-PREPAID from the Google Play Store, sign up, enter their 8 or 9-digit meter number, their amount of purchase, and the name registered to the smart meter, and pay through MTN mobile money.
How is water charged in South Africa?
Water is billed on a sliding scale. Thus the more you use the higher the rate per kiloliter you will pay. Sewerage discharge is calculate din the same way. Use this calculator to calculate the cost of water in Durban based on your municipal water consumption.
Can I buy prepaid electricity at Shoprite?
At Shoprite we’ve made it more convenient than ever to do all your shopping under one roof. From flight tickets to airtime, you’ll find it all – and now you can even buy ZESCO prepaid electricity at any Shoprite Money Market counter! How it works: … Buy Zesco prepaid electricity of a minimum of K10 and a maximum of K1000.
Are prepaid meters cheaper?
One of the main reasons prepayment meters are more expensive than standard credit meters is simply that they are more effort for the suppliers. … Standard meters also offer a wider choice of tariffs and suppliers, including cheap online deals, direct debit discounts and more. It’s simply a more competitive marketplace.
Which water meter is best?
- Krohne Marshall Aquamag Water Meter 100 MM Watermeter. ₹2,16,999. ₹2,19,999. 1% off.
- Krohne Marshall Aquamag Water Meter 50 MM Watermeter. ₹76,300. ₹78,999.
- Divinext Erma PH-035 (Dual-level LCD) Professional Digi… 3.9. ₹2,599. ₹5,999. 56% off.
- BalRama RO Water Purifier 350 PSI Pressure Gauge for Mo… ₹698. ₹1,000.
Where can I buy Eskom prepaid electricity?
Buy from an Eskom appointed/accredited legal vendor. Prepaid tokens are also available at leading supermarkets, banks, or you can use the internet alternatively your cellular phone to get electricity through online vendors or your bank.