Engen is currently selling a relatively small franchise in Gauteng for R2. 6 million, excluding stock and assets. It has no convenience store, and pumps an average of 267,000 litres of fuel per month. Engen requires 20% of this selling price in unencumbered cash and a working capital stash of R1.
How much is a petrol station franchise in South Africa?
5 million and R15 million, depending on the cost to develop, projected volumes and profitability,” Noble said. In terms of the normal working capital requirements for stock as well as operational expenses, the financial need can range from R1. 2 million through to R1. 5 million.
How much is Sasol garage franchise?
Franchise fee is R2. 5M. Working Capital is R1. 5M Fuel Guarantee is R 850 000.00 ( Garage Sure or Refine – subscription ) Total Amount Required – R4M.
How much is Engen worth?
|Revenue||R70 033 million (2017)|
|Operating income||R5.155 million (2017)|
|Net income||R3.315 million (2017)|
|Total assets||R40.878 million (2017)|
Are petrol stations profitable?
Although fuel gross profit margins are lower, fuel sales remain the primary income of a business, accounting for approximately 80% to 90% of an operation’s turnover, usually delivering greater profit than alternative profit opportunities, for instance, a convenience store, carwash, bakery and quick service restaurant, …
What is the cheapest franchise to start in South Africa?
8 South African franchises you can open for less than R1 million
- Debonairs – from R900,500.
- Wilcote – from R520,000.
- 3@1 Business Centre – from R695,000 (ex VAT)
- Zebro’s – from R949,000.
- H20 International – from R325,000 (excluding VAT)
- The Bed Shop – from R500,000.
- Sorbet – from R1 million.
- Read: How much it costs to open a car wash franchise in South Africa.
What is the cheapest franchise to start?
12 best low-cost franchises for aspiring business owners
- Cruise Planners. Franchise fee: $10,995. …
- Fit4Mom. Franchise fee: $5,495 to $10,495. …
- Chem-Dry. Franchise fee: $23,500. …
- Jazzercise. Franchise fee: $1,250. …
- Stratus Building Solutions. …
- SuperGlass Windshield Repair. …
- Mosquito Squad. …
- Pillar to Post Home Inspectors.
What is the most profitable franchise in South Africa?
Which franchise makes the most money in South Africa?
- KFC – from R6 million.
- Nando’s – from R7 million.
- Debonairs – from R2 million.
- Steers – from R1.7 million.
- McDonald’s – from R4 million.
- Chicken Licken – from R4.8 million.
- Roman’s Pizza – from R2.4 million.
What is the profit margin on petrol?
For a normal petrol pump the profit margin shows 1.8% or so as a whole. It means selling of 1 litre of petrol incurs Rs. 1.8 profit margin. If for example a pump sells 400 Kilo-litre fuel and makes revenue of 10Lac.
How do I sell fuel in South Africa?
What you should do
- Complete the form Application for wholesale licence, DMRE 38.
- Send the application form to the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy regional office.
- The Department will send you a letter stipulating that you must publish a notice of application in four newspapers.
How much do Engen workers earn?
Engen Petroleum Jobs by Salary
|Plant Supervisor||Range:R69k – R421k (Estimated *)|
|Fuel Truck Driver||Range:R32k – R288k (Estimated *)|
|Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager||Range:R168k – R721k (Estimated *)|
|Project Manager, (Unspecified Type / General)||Range:R176k – R860k (Estimated *)|
What makes up the fuel price in South Africa?
Taxes and levies on fuel presently make up almost 70% of the fuel price. The Basic Fuel Price (BFP), which is made up of the international oil price combined with the rand/US dollar exchange rate, made up the largest component of the fuel price between 2009 and 2014.
How do petrol stations make money?
Petrol stations don’t make much money
Retailers try to make about 4-5p per litre, but out of that they have to pay staff, business rates and corporation tax. Fuel stations often depend heavily on sales from the shop – a retailer can make more on selling a Costa coffee than on 40 litres of fuel. ‘
How do I start a petrol station in South Africa?
According to Absa there are currently three different ways to open a petrol station in the country:
- Investing in the physical building, land and associated assets (prop-co).
- Purchase of the business operation only (op-co).
- Purchase of both (prop-co / op-co).
How can I start a petrol pump business?
To open a petrol pump business, you must have a good investment capacity to start with. There are two types of charges for opening petrol pumps in India: Rs 12 lakhs for ROs for rural areas and Rs 25 lakhs for ROs in urban areas, though the amount may vary from company to company.
How much does it cost to start a gas station?
How much does it cost to start a gas station? As we mentioned before, starting a gas station has a high financial entry barrier. You should expect to secure at least $300,000 to cover the following startup costs: Purchasing the location.