You can apply for your ID book at any office of the Department of Home Affairs or any South African mission or consulate overseas. All applications are sent to the Department’s head office in Pretoria.
How much does it cost to apply for a South African identity document?
You can get a South African ID if you are a South African citizen or permanent resident and are aged 16 years or older.
Applying for an Identity Document.
|Types of Applications||Cost of Applications||Photographs|
|Replacement of an ID or Smart Card||R140||Two identical ID photos|
|Temporary ID||R70||Two identical ID photos|
How do I apply for a South African ID online?
How to apply online for a South African smart ID card
- The days of queuing at the Home Affairs offices may become a thing of the past very soon. …
- Step 1: Go on to the e-Home Affairs website and register. …
- Step 2: You will receive an OTP (one-time pin) to confirm your cellphone number. …
- Step 3: You will receive another OTP to login to your profile.
What do I need to apply for a smart ID card?
First time applicant: Birth Certificate, proof of address and in case of minors, must be accompanied by the parent/s. Permanent resident of South Africa: Green bar-coded ID. First time applicant: Permanent residence certificate and proof of address. receive a Smart ID Card?
How do I get a first time ID in South Africa?
First time applicant identity document:
- BI 9 form/DHA-9 (COMPULSORY FOR ALL PEOPLE 16 YEARS AND OLDER) – Full set of fingerprints. …
- BI 529 – Determination of citizenship; Compulsory for all applications. …
- Divorce decree. …
- Certified copy of marriage certificate. …
- Certified copy of South African ID book and/or Birth Certificate;
Is Home Affairs open during lockdown for ID?
For collection of ID, please do not come to Home Affairs unless you are specifically invited via an SMS. … Home Affairs offices will continue opening Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:30. We are extending our operating hours to 19:00 to accommodate people who need to register deaths and births up to 15 February 2021.
How do you get a South African ID if you are a foreigner?
- DHA -175 (application form).
- DHA -529 (applicant form).
- Proof of continuous residence 1 year prior to application.
- RSA Police report valid for six (6) months from the date of issue.
- Police clearance from country or countries of present nationalities.
- Letter confirming acceptance of dual nationality.
How long does it take to get a South African passport?
It will take about 7-21 working days to process the application and issue the passport. The tourist passport is valid for 10 years. Note: Passports must be valid for at least 30 days after the intended date of departure. Passports should also have at least 2 blank pages for entry stamps.
Can I apply for a South African passport online?
South African citizens can apply via the eHomeAffairs website. Please note, you will need internet banking to proceed with your online passport application. Applicants will have to go to a Home Affairs branch to capture their biometrics and collect their passport.
How much does a passport cost in South Africa 2020?
Cost: R140 to process, but you will need to pay an additional R400 to get your proper tourist passport when you return.
Can I apply for smart ID card at capitec bank?
People can apply for their smart ID through the Department of Home Affairs or they can get their smart ID at a bank. … Members of the public can also get thier passport from banks like FNB, Capitec and Nedbank.
How long do you wait for your smart card ID?
How long does it take for an applicant to receive a Smart ID Card? 14 working days from date of application provided it is a straight forward application meeting all the requirements.
Which bank does smart ID cards?
FNB in partnership with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has launched the application of Smart ID and passport (new/ renewal) to the public. Apply online and collect at one of these FNB Branches: Lynnwood (Grove Shopping Mall), Centurion Lifestyle, 4 Merchant Place and Burgersfort.
How do I check if my identity is ready?
To confirm if their documents have indeed arrived at their nearest Home Affairs office members of the public can ‘track’ the application progress, by texting the word ‘ID’, a space and their 13-digit ID number to 32551. Alternatively they can call the Contact Centre on 0800 60 11 90.
How do I get my South African ID without a birth certificate?
* If you don’t have a birth certificate
- Completed forms DHA-24, DHA-24/A x 2 and DHA-288 to register the birth. …
- If you are a citizen, you need to bring your valid South African ID.
- If you don’t have a valid South African ID, you need to submit Form BI-9 to apply for an ID.
Do South African ID cards have an expiry date?
“There is no expiry date for the green bar coded ID. It is valid until the time we sort out everything we need to deal with [in issuing the smart ID].”