|Ade||Nigerian word meaning royal.||African|
|Adebayo||Nigerian for ‘he was happy’.||African|
|Adeben||Ghanian name given to the twelfth-born son.||African|
|Adebola||Honor is hers||African|
What is the most common African name?
The most popular names in South Africa right now
- Enzokuhle (“Do good” in isiZulu) was the most popular name for baby girls and boys in South Africa in 2017, according to data from Statistics SA.
- Dlamini was the most common surname for both sexes followed by Nkosi and Ndlovu.
- More boys were born in 2017 than girls.
What are some common African names?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What are popular African names for girls?
Read on to follow the list of the trending cute and unique African names for baby girls.
- Adah. A Hebrew origin name, Adah means ‘a beautiful ornament. …
- Aaliyah. One of the most popular names across the country, Aaliyah is simply wonderful! …
- Audre. …
- Adaliya. …
- Adelaide. …
- Alyssa. …
- Aurelia. …
What is a good African name?
African Baby Names
- AbimbolaRich child.
- AbioyeThe son of royalty.
- AdebowaleReturn of the crown.
- AdisaThe lucid one.
- AfiaFriday born child.
- AfolabiChild of high status.
- AfuaFriday born child.
- AkachiGod’s hand.
What does Kimba mean in African?
Meaning: Brush Fire. The name Kimba means Brush Fire and is of Aboriginal origin.
What is Africa’s original name?
According to experts that research the history of the African continent, the original ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan. This name translates to “mother of mankind,” or “the garden of Eden.” Alkebulan is an extremely old word, and its origins are indigenous.
What African name means hope?
Raza: Of African origin and means ‘hope. ‘
What is the African name for friend?
chommie – a friend (similar to English “chum”). Also spelled tjommie. “chop/tjop” – it literally means a piece of meat (“pork chop” or “lamb chop”) that you would often cook on a braai.
What African name means love?
African Girl Names » Means » Love
- 2809 Aja High Priestess of Mecca; Goat; Not …
- 1764 Eva Living and Breathing; Life; To …
- 15 Ife Love; Woman of Love; From Yourba.
- 53 Nis A Remembered Loved One; Friendly.
- 636 Asis Love; Blessing.
- 235 Bisa Fibre of the Water-lily; Lotus …
- 10 Bysa A Daughter who is Greatly Loved.
What is a unique girl name?
If you would like something pretty sounding, these unique baby girl names will fit the bill.
- Annalise. A combination of the name Anna and Lise, it’s simple, pretty, and unique.
- Brigitta. …
- Charmaine. …
- Constance. …
- Geneviève. …
- Lorelei. …
- Lucinda. …
What is a unique black girl name?
Unique Black Girl Names
|1. Afyia||Born on Friday|
|3. Ayana||Eternal Blossom or Beautiful Flower|
What is a cute black girl name?
Beautiful Names for Black Girls
|Amahle||The beautiful ones; Zulu|
What does Nala mean?
What is the meaning of the name Nala? The name Nala is primarily a female name of African origin that means Successful.
What African name means warrior?
Gamba (African origin) meaning “warrior”, is one of the most popular African boy names. 51.
What African name means king?
African Names: Mansa Musa
Mansa simply means, “King”, and “Musa” means Moses in Arabic.