The four major geographical regions found in Africa are: desert, savanna, semiarid & tropical rainforest.
What are the 4 regions of Africa?
Geographic regions in Africa
- Four regions: North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Five regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Six regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, North East Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
How many regions are in Africa?
The continent of Africa is commonly divided into five regions or subregions, four of which are in Sub-Saharan Africa.
What are the official regions of Africa?
The UN Statistics Division has subdivided the African continent into five regions, Northern Africa, Central or Middle Africa , Southern Africa, East Africa, and Western Africa.
Which is the largest region in Africa?
West Africa is, with its 15 members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) the region with the largest number of countries. It is also the most populous region, with an estimated 350 million people in 2015. Nigeria counts for more than half of West Africa’s population.
Which is the wealthiest region of Africa?
TOP 10 RICHEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN 2020 RANKED BY GDP & PRIMARY EXPORTS
- 1 | NIGERIA – THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA (GDP: $446.543 Billion) …
- 2 | SOUTH AFRICA (GDP: $358.839 Billion) …
- 3 | EGYPT (GDP: $302.256 Billion) …
- 4 | ALGERIA (GDP: $172.781 Billion) …
- 5 | MOROCCO (GDP: $119,04 Billion) …
- 6 | KENYA (GDP: $99,246 Billion)
What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries in square miles:
- Sudan (728,022 square miles)
- Libya (679,192 square miles)
- Chad (495,624 square miles)
- Niger (489,062 square miles)
- Angola (481,226 square miles)
- Mali (478,714 square miles)
- South Africa (47,320 square miles)
- Ethiopia (426, 260 square miles)
What are 5 countries in Africa?
Countries in Africa:
|4||DR Congo||Middle Africa|
What are 5 regions in Africa?
Africa has eight major physical regions: the Sahara, the Sahel, the Ethiopian Highlands, the savanna, the Swahili Coast, the rain forest, the African Great Lakes, and Southern Africa.
What is the smallest country in Africa?
The Republic of Seychelles is a country approximately 1500km off the coast of East Africa. It is the smallest African nation. The nation comprises of an archipelago containing 115 islands. With just 92,000 inhabitants it is the smallest sovereign country in Africa.
Which country is the most populous in Africa?
Nigeria has the largest population in Africa. As of 2021, the country counts 206 million individuals, whereas Ethiopia, which ranked second, had 115 million inhabitants.
Which city is the largest in Africa?
What is the largest desert in Africa?
The Sahara is the world’s largest desert; it extends across most of the northern part of Africa.
What is the original name of Africa?
According to experts that research the history of the African continent, the original ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan. This name translates to “mother of mankind,” or “the garden of Eden.”
How is Africa a divided continent?
The African continent is commonly divided into five subregions: North or Northern Africa, West Africa, Central or Middle Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa.
Who divided Africa countries?
Representatives of 13 European states, the United States of America and the Ottoman Empire converged on Berlin at the invitation of German Chancellor Otto von Bismarck to divide up Africa among themselves “in accordance with international law.” Africans were not invited to the meeting.