In the event that your ID is lost, damaged or stolen, you may request a Temporary Identification Certificate (TIC). This can be done at any office of the Department of Home Affairs and is subject to the verification of your fingerprints. You can also get a new ID if: Your personal details have changed.
How do I report a lost South African ID?
It’s also important to report the fraud to the Southern African Fraud Prevention Service (SAFPS) (Helpline: 0860 101 248). If your ID book and other sensitive documents have been lost or stolen, register them with the SAFBS via phone (011 867 2234), email or online web form.
How do I get a South African ID online?
How to apply online for a South African smart ID card
- The days of queuing at the Home Affairs offices may become a thing of the past very soon. …
- Step 1: Go on to the e-Home Affairs website and register. …
- Step 2: You will receive an OTP (one-time pin) to confirm your cellphone number. …
- Step 3: You will receive another OTP to login to your profile.
What do you do if you lose your ID book?
If you have lost your ID book the first thing that you will need to do is go straight to your nearest police station. You will need to obtain an affidavit stating that you have lost your ID book. You will need to get this signed and stamped.
What happens if you lose all identification?
If you lost all your identifying documents, don’t panic! … Restore all your certified vital records and documents to replace IDs, protect yourself in case of a problem, and get back to your normal life. First of all, order a birth certificate replacement, which will allow you to verify your identity to replace all IDs.
Is Home Affairs open during lockdown for ID?
For collection of ID, please do not come to Home Affairs unless you are specifically invited via an SMS. … Home Affairs offices will continue opening Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:30. We are extending our operating hours to 19:00 to accommodate people who need to register deaths and births up to 15 February 2021.
How do I apply for a lost ID card?
Dear Sir, This letter is to inform the department that I have lost my University id card in the seminar I attended (Date). When I became aware about such fact I visited the auditorium after the seminar but could not find it. This letter is to request a temporary card or such document which would indicate my identity.
How much does sa id cost?
You can get a South African ID if you are a South African citizen or permanent resident and are aged 16 years or older.
Applying for an Identity Document.
|Types of Applications||Cost of Applications||Photographs|
|Replacement of an ID or Smart Card||R140||Two identical ID photos|
|Temporary ID||R70||Two identical ID photos|
How do I get my South African ID without a birth certificate?
* If you don’t have a birth certificate
- Completed forms DHA-24, DHA-24/A x 2 and DHA-288 to register the birth. …
- If you are a citizen, you need to bring your valid South African ID.
- If you don’t have a valid South African ID, you need to submit Form BI-9 to apply for an ID.
How do you get a South African ID if you are a foreigner?
- DHA -175 (application form).
- DHA -529 (applicant form).
- Proof of continuous residence 1 year prior to application.
- RSA Police report valid for six (6) months from the date of issue.
- Police clearance from country or countries of present nationalities.
- Letter confirming acceptance of dual nationality.
Does capitec do smart ID cards?
The smart ID is now available at both ABSA and Nedbank. … Members of the public can also get thier passport from banks like FNB, Capitec and Nedbank.
Is Home Affairs open during lockdown Level 3?
Home affairs minister Aaron Motsoaledi announced on Tuesday that the department will offer limited services to the public for the duration of lockdown level 3. … Motsoaledi said the new restrictions will limit the number of people flocking to the department’s offices and help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Can I apply for a smart ID at FNB?
FNB in partnership with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has launched the application of Smart ID and passport (new/ renewal) to the public. Apply online and collect at one of these FNB Branches: Lynnwood (Grove Shopping Mall), Centurion Lifestyle, 4 Merchant Place and Burgersfort.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list, as long as it has not expired.
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
What do I do if I can’t find my wallet?
Here’s what to do when you lose your wallet
- Call the issuer of your debit card. …
- Call the bank that issued your checkbook. …
- Call your credit card companies. …
- Set up fraud alerts with the national credit bureaus. …
- Consider identity theft protection. …
- File a police report. …
- Replace your Social Security card.
How can I prove my identity without photo ID?
If you have no photo ID, a copy of your original Birth Certificate or National Insurance Card will be accepted provided it is accompanied by a passport sized photo that is countersigned on the back by someone who can confirm your identity.