What jobs are in demand in SA?
The IT, business & management and finance sectors are the most sought-after sectors, followed by the sales, admin, office & support and architecture & engineering sectors, among others, CareerJunction said.
Which skills are scarce in South Africa?
A summarised overview of some of the skills in-demand can be found in the table below.
Here is the list of critical skills needed in South Africa.
|Actuary||Dockmaster||ICT systems analyst|
|Architect||General medical practitioner||Mechanical engineer|
|Chief information officer||Geophysicist||Network analyst|
|Civil engineer||Hydrologist||Quantity surveyor|
What are five careers classified under scarce skills?
Five careers classified under scarce skills:
- Civil engineering.
- Physical and Engineering Science Technicians.
- Quantity Surveyor.
- Industrial and Production Engineers Electrician.
- Mining Engineer.
Which careers have a shortage?
U.S. Talent Shortage: Top Ten Jobs Employers Have Difficulty…
- Skilled trade workers (especially chefs/bakers/butchers, mechanics and electricians)
- Drivers (especially truck/heavy goods, delivery/courier and construction drivers)
- Sales representatives.
- Secretaries, personal assistants, administrative assistants, and office support staff.
What is a good salary in South Africa 2020?
The average worker gets paid R21,455 per month (down slightly from R22,395 recorded in Q1 2020), down from R21,796 in the same period in 2019. This equates to approximately R257,460 per year.
Which job in South Africa pays the most?
In the video the “Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In South Africa” we look at which professions have the highest earning power.
- Software Engineers – R1.2 million p/a. …
- Pilots – R695,800 p/a. …
- Lawyers – R655,000 p/a. …
- IT Managers – R620,230 p/a. …
- Medical Specialists – R616,000 p/a.
Which jobs are in demand in South Africa 2021?
CareerJunction said its data showed that recruitment activity has increased for professionals in ICT, warehousing & logistics, sales and finance during the first quarter of 2021. The ‘big three’ skills remain most in-demand, having featured on the index for the last year.
What jobs are in demand in 2020?
The 20 Most In-Demand Jobs Heading into 2020
- Physical Therapist. The increasing life expectancy and the growing number of senior citizens have increased the need for physical therapy technicians. …
- Software Developer. …
- Digital Content Specialist. …
- Computer Systems Analyst. …
- 3D Printing Technician. …
- Smart-Building Technician. …
- Physician Assistant. …
- Wind Energy Technician.
What skills does South Africa need?
Here are the 10 critical skills needed in South Africa right now
- Engineers (18%);
- ICT (13%);
- Foreign language speakers (10%);
- Media and Marketing Specialists (9%);
- Artisans (8%);
- C-Suite Executives (7%);
- Senior Financial Executives (6%);
- Health Professions.
What are three scarce skills jobs?
Top 10 Scarce Skills Jobs Available For SA Graduates
- Health Sector. There is a vast need for health workers in this country. …
- Software Development. …
- Network and Information Security. …
- Web Development. …
- Management Skills. …
- Sales. …
- Financial Skills. …
Which careers will always be in demand?
10 Best Careers for the Future: Highest Paying & in Demand
- Registered Nurses and Medical Professionals. …
- Data Analysts. …
- Plumbers and Electricians. …
- Dentists and Dental Hygienists. …
- Software Developers. …
- Cybersecurity Experts. …
- Alternative Energy Installers and Technicians. …
- Mental Health Professionals.
What is the best career to study in South Africa?
Best career to study for in South Africa in 2021
- Graphic Design Courses.
- Business Management Courses.
- Engineering Courses.
- Financial Management Courses.
- Human Resources Courses.
- Public Management Courses.
- Public Relations Courses.
- Sales and Marketing Courses.
What vocations are in demand?
21 Skilled trade jobs in demand
- Refuse collector.
- Legal assistant.
- Bus driver.
- Brick mason.
- Construction equipment operator.
- Tractor-trailer driver.
What industry has the most jobs?
In 2020, the education and health services industry employed the largest number of people in the United States. That year, about 34.1 million people were employed in the education and health services industry.
What industry has the most job openings?
Industries with Largest Employment
|Largest Employment Industries Sort by: Employment: High to Low Employment: Low to High Industry: A to Z Industry: Z to A|
|2||Local Government, Excluding Education and Hospitals||5,890,000|