To work in the United States temporarily as a lawful nonimmigrant, temporary workers must qualify for the available visa category based on the planned employment purpose. … Immigrant Visas for all of South Africa are processed at the Consulate General in Johannesburg.
How can a South African Get a Job in the USA?
Visa options for South Africans wanting to live and work in the…
- L-1 visa: Business (intracompany work visa)
- H-1B visa: Employment (speciality occupation)
- E2-Temporary Investment visa and E-1 Treaty Trader visa.
- EB-5 visa: Investment (Investment Green Card)
- EB-3 visa: Green Card through employment.
- Contact Pollak PLLC for expert advice.
How do you get a working visa for America?
Work Visa USA Qualifications
- Have a job offer in the U.S. …
- Approved petition by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) …
- Labor certification approval by the Department of Labor (DOL) …
- Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page. …
- Schedule your interview.
How long can a South African stay in the US?
Also, you can stay in the United States for up to 180 days per entry and have multiple entries.
How can a South African get a green card in the US?
What is the application process for a Green Card?
- Find out if you are eligible for a Green Card.
- Complete and file Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) with USCIS.
- Submit all relevant supporting documents.
- Pay the associated application fees.
How much does it cost to immigrate to America from South Africa?
How much does it cost to immigrate to USA? The fees will depend on the kind of visa. USA visa South Africa applications based on employment usually cost around $405, while applications based on relative applications cost $230. When filing for a fiancé(e) visa, the petitioner pays $340 to file the petition.
Can a South African immigrate to America?
Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique, Mauritius, Lesotho and Swaziland at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg.
How do you get a US work visa without a job offer?
Some permanent work visas that do not require a job offer and a sponsor in the United States are the EB-1, O-1 and EB-5 visas.
How can I get job offer in USA?
Got a Job Offer in USA?
- Go through the offer letter thoroughly. …
- Don’t get carried away with verbal assurances, make sure all the promises are in writing. …
- Don’t ever give your original passport.
- Don’t ever submit any of your original mark list or any degree certificates.
- Don’t submit your original H1 approval/I-94 to your employer.
How much does a US work visa cost?
Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts
The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is US$160. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are US$190. K visas cost US$265 and the fee amount for E visas is US$205.
What is the penalty for overstaying in South Africa?
If the overstayed duration is Less than 30 days, then a person will ban for 12 months. If the overstayed duration is more than 30 days, then a person will face the penalty ban, not less than 5 years.
How much is a visa from South Africa to USA?
Complete the information requested including the courier document return process. Pay the Nonimmigrant visa application fee which is $160 at time of writing.
Is South Africa visa free to America?
Citizens of certain countries do not require a visa to visit the United States for up to 90 days. … South Africa is not a VWP country. If you are a passport holder of one of the following countries listed below and your passport meets certain requirements you may be able to travel without a visa.
How much money do you need to immigrate to America?
Becoming a U.S. permanent resident or naturalized citizen is a lengthy and expensive process. According to DoughRoller, “if we add up all the various fees required to come to the US and obtain citizenship, the total falls somewhere between $4,000 and $11,300.
Can you move to America without a job?
no, you can’t move to the USA without a job waiting. The only ways to move to the USA are family-based, employment-based, investment-based, or student-based, all of which require a visa in hand prior to moving to the USA. How about doing a higher degree in the USA, you could get an F-1 visa.
How much money do you need to invest to get a green card?
Applicants for a green card through investment (Employment Fifth Preference or EB-5) must not only invest $1.8 million in a new, restructured, or expanded U.S. business (or $900,000 if it’s in an economically disadvantaged, “targeted unemployment” area), they must take an active role in that business.