The Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town (UCT), one of South Africa’s premier hospitals, is renowned as the training ground for some of South Africa’s best doctors, surgeons and nurses.
Who is the best cardiologist in South Africa?
- Dr. N Hendricks. Cardiologist. …
- Dr. Pieter Blomerus. Cardiologist. …
- Dr. Jeff King. Cardiologist. …
- Dr. Nico Daniel Van Der Merwe. Cardiologist. 4 reviews. …
- Dr. Jean Vorster. Cardiologist. 31 reviews. …
- Dr. John David Benjamin. Cardiologist. 4 reviews. …
- Dr. Iftikhar Ebrahim. Cardiologist. 2 reviews. …
- Dr. C J Van Wyk. Cardiologist. 2 reviews.
Where can I study cardiology in South Africa?
Programmes by Study Institutions
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University.
- Stellenbosch University. Premier.
- University of Cape Town.
- University of the Free State. Premier.
What is the best university for a cardiologist?
Here are the best global universities for cardiac and cardiovascular systems
- Harvard University.
- Imperial College London.
- Duke University.
- Columbia University.
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- University of Toronto.
- Stanford University.
- Johns Hopkins University.
Which university produces best doctors in South Africa?
Best Medical School in South Africa
- University of Cape Town – Faculty of Health. Medical School Page. …
- Stellenbosch University. Medical School Page. …
- University of Witwatersrand School of Clinical Medicine. Medical School Page. …
- University of Pretoria. Medical School Page. …
- University of KwaZulu Natal. Medical School Page.
How many years does it take to be a cardiologist in South Africa?
It takes 16 years to become a cardiologist in South Africa. South Africa currently has about 175 active, registered cardiologists practising in the country, of which only about 35 are in public service or working in training centres.
What does a cardiologist earn in South Africa?
The average cardiologist gross salary in South Africa is R2,434,218 or an equivalent hourly rate of R1,170. In addition, they earn an average bonus of R182,810. Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in South Africa.
What subjects are needed to become a cardiologist in South Africa?
Students must graduate from an accredited bachelor’s degree program with pre-med prerequisite courses in chemistry, physics, and biology. Also recommended are classes in English, advanced mathematics, and statistics.
What field is cardiology in?
Cardiology is a medical specialty and a branch of internal medicine concerned with disorders of the heart. It deals with the diagnosis and treatment of such conditions as congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, electrophysiology, heart failure and valvular heart disease.
How many years does it take to become a neurologist in South Africa?
– Theoretical training: 5 years. – Student internship: 1 year. – Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialization as a neurologist: MMed or FCP(SA): 4 years – e.g. UCT, UFS, US, UL,UP, Wits.
How many years does it take to become a cardiologist?
It usually takes 10-13 years to become a cardiologist. They specialise in treating diseases like congenital heart defects, heart failure, coronary artery diseases and valvular heart diseases.
Which country is best for cardiology?
Canada and some small countries take the top positions. Almost invariably the non Anglo-Saxon G-7 nations are at the bottom of the ranking order. Our study shows that the United States leads qualita- tively and quantitatively research in clinical cardiology.
How many years of college do you need to become a cardiologist?
In order to become a cardiologist, one must undergo four years of medical school as well as three years of internal medicine training. Finally, one must complete three more years of what is called specialized training.
How do doctors earn in South Africa?
A person working in Doctor / Physician in South Africa typically earns around 73,200 ZAR per month. Salaries range from 26,900 ZAR (lowest average) to 124,000 ZAR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
Which university can I study to be a surgeon in South Africa?
University of Witwatersrand School of Clinical Medicine
Located in Johannesburg, the University of Witwatersrand offers and MBBCh degree through its Medicine and Surgery school.
What marks are needed to become a doctor in South Africa?
You must have a minimum aggregate of at least 70%. Your Maths, Physics and Life Science must be at least 50%. In reality, most applicants will have averages in the range of 75-85%. Stellenbosch also offers the possibility of transferring from a degree in life sciences or natural sciences at the end of first year.