The banking sector in Zimbabwe is composed of the Commercial banks, Building Societies, and the Savings Bank. In total there are 19 operating banks as of October 2019. The Banking sector is governed under the Banking Act and falls under the direct supervision of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
What banks are in Zimbabwe?
Top Banks in Zimbabwe
- The Top Banks in Zimbabwe Include:
- CBZ Bank. …
- ZB Bank Limited of Zimbabwe. …
- BancABC Zimbabwe. …
- Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe. …
- Steward Bank. …
- Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe. …
- Agricultural Development Bank of Zimbabwe (Agribank)
Which is the best bank in Zimbabwe?
Euromoney names CBZ Bank as the Best Bank in Zimbabwe.
What is the biggest bank in Zimbabwe?
Biggest Banks in Zimbabwe
- Barclays Bank. Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe is one of the largest banks in the country and is listed on the Stock exchange. …
- Standard Chartered. Standard Chatered was the first financial institution to be established in Zimbabwe. …
- CBZ Bank. …
- Cabs. …
- Zb Bank. …
- Stanbic. …
- Steward Bank.
Is there FNB in Zimbabwe?
FNB is currently rolling out to other outlets in Zimbabwe. “FNB Cellphone Banking allows senders to transfer South African Rand to Zimbabwe, instantly wherever they are.
What do I need to open a bank account in Zimbabwe?
- One colour passport size photograph.
- Original / copy of National ID (metal/plastic), driver’s licence or valid passport.
- Proof of residential address in the form of ZESA/Water/Tel One bill within 3 months in one’s own name or.
- A minimum opening balance is required.
Is there Standard Bank in Zimbabwe?
Standard Chartered Zimbabwe (officially Standard Chartered Bank Zimbabwe Limited) is a commercial bank in Zimbabwe and a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered. It is licensed by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, the central bank and national banking regulator.
Who owns the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe?
Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
|Headquarters||New Reserve Bank Tower, Harare, Zimbabwe|
|Ownership||100% state ownership|
|Central bank of||Zimbabwe|
How many branches does ZB Bank have?
As of April 2016, ZBBL maintained a network of 49 branches and 10 agencies across Zimbabwe, including at the following locations, as listed in the 2016 Annual Report.
How many microfinance institutions are in Zimbabwe?
2.1 As at 31 March 2020 there were 220 registered microfinance institutions as shown in Table 1 below.
Can FNB send money to Zimbabwe?
FNB’s Zimbabwe Money Transfer is an instant, easy and affordable money transfer service that allows FNB customers residing in South Africa to send money to an individual in Zimbabwe.
Can I use my FNB Visa card in Zimbabwe?
Your FNB Debit Card can only be used in the Rand Monetary Area. That means your FNB Debit Card cannot be used in Zimbabwe and other foreign countries which are not part of the Rand Monetary Area.
Can you get money out of Zimbabwe?
The news about THE Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has increased the amount of foreign currency an individual can carry outside the country to $2 000 with immediate effect.