How much does it cost to register a business name in Uganda?
BUSINESS REGISTRATION FEES
|Service||Details||Costs (Ugx. & Us$)|
|Change of particulars||10,000/=|
|Filing Fees||1,000/= per copy|
Where can I register my business in Uganda?
you need to start by Registering your company in Uganda at the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) and obtain certified copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a Certificate of Incorporation.
How do I register a small business in Uganda?
A. How to register a local business
- Search for the business name. …
- Reserve the Business Name. …
- Obtain Certificate of Incorporation. …
- Obtain an Investment License. …
- Obtain a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) …
- Obtain a Trading License. …
- Register with National Social Security Fund (NSSF) …
- Make a Company Seal.
How do I register a sole proprietorship business in Uganda?
You are required to fill a form at Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB). Charges for this service is Ush 2,000. Once the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) confirms that your name is unique and non-existence in their system, they reserve it until you fully register your business.
What are the requirements of registering a business?
The Notice of Incorporation, which is lodged with the MoI, contains the following information:
- Type of company.
- Incorporation date.
- Financial year-end.
- Registered address (main office)
- Number of directors.
- Company name.
- Whether the company name will be the registration number.
- The reserved name and reservation number.
How do I create a business name?
Registering a trademark for a company name is pretty straightforward. Many businesses can file an application online in less than 90 minutes, without a lawyer’s help. The simplest way to register is on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Web site, www.uspto.gov.
How do I register my small business?
- Obtain Digital Signature – …
- Get your Director Identification Number (DIN) – …
- Secure your Company Name – …
- Prepare the Memorandum and Articles of Association – …
- File the INC-29 and get the Incorporation Letter – …
- Obtain the Permanent Account Number – …
- Open a Current Account – …
- Get MSME Udyog Aadhaar Registration –
Can a foreigner start a business in Uganda?
In order to start a business in Uganda, as a foreigner, you will need to be; Legally in Uganda. This means that you need to have entered the Country with the preferred documentation. A passport and a visa or another pass as legally required depending on the nature of the business.
Can an individual register a company?
A new type of business structure called One Person Company (OPC) was introduced by the Indian government in 2013. Until 2013, a single person could not incorporate a company, you needed to have a minimum of two directors to do that.
Can I start a business without registering it?
It is entirely legal to operate as a sole proprietorship without registering your company. Keep in mind, however, that doing so does not provide you with any form of legal protection if you experience debt or face legal action.
What is the best business to start in Uganda?
Our list includes the following:
- #1. Gardening business. Gardening is a low-cost home business any Ugandan can afford. …
- #2. Hairdressing business. Hairdressing is a profitable low-cost home business in Uganda. …
- #3. Fish farming. …
- #4. Chicken rearing. …
- #5. Winemaking. …
- #6. Professional services. …
- #7. Blogging. …
- #8. Making crafts.
Which business is best in Uganda?
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Uganda
- Food processing.
- Real estate.
- Small manufacturing industries.
- Tourism and hospitality.
- Transport services.
- Computer and internet services.
What are 3 advantages of a sole proprietorship?
What are the advantages of a sole proprietorship?
- Less paperwork to get started.
- Easier processes and fewer requirements for business taxes.
- Fewer registration fees.
- More straightforward banking.
- Simplified business ownership.
Why should one register a company?
Why should you register for a Private Limited Company? Registering a Private Limited Company is the right choice, as it facilitates taxation benefits,credibility, business expansion, and quicker sanction of business loans.
How do I register my business name with URSB?
Registering a Business Name
- Conduct a Search(using the business Registration form) and establish if the name you register is available for use;
- Pay the Registration fees;
- You will receive a certificate of registration of a business name.