How do I become a exporter in Kenya?
Basic Export Requirements (Fruit,Vegetable) in Kenya
- Export licence from HCDA.
- Phytosanitary and conformity certificates from KEPHIS.
- Euro 1 Certificate (For EU Market)
- GlobalGAP Certification.
- MRL limit compliance (EU)
- For UK supermarkets, they require BRC certification.
How much does export license cost?
This code is better known in India simply as an export license, and is easy to apply for and get from the zonal or regional office of DGFT which has jurisdiction over your location of business. You can now also submit an online IEC application at dgft.gov.in with the required documents and fee of Rs. 250.
How can I get export license?
Procedure while applying to the DGFT
- The online application process can be made on the DGFT website.
- On the homepage, the applicant will have to go to the ‘Services’ section, where under the ‘Online ECOM Application’ section, they will have to select ‘Restricted Item Import License/Restricted Export Item’.
Which documents are required for export license?
Documents required for IEC (Import Export Code) Registration
- Individual’s or Firm’s or Company’s copy of PAN Card.
- Individual’s voter id or Aadhar card or passport copy.
- Individual’s or company’s or firm’s cancel cheque copy of current bank account.
- Copy of Rent Agreement or Electricity Bill Copy of the premise.
What can I export from Kenya?
Top 10 Exports in Kenya
- Coffee, tea, spices. Coffee, tea, and spices earn the country an average of 1.7 billion dollars making up 29 percent of the total exports.
- Live trees, plants, cut flowers. …
- Mineral fuels including oil. …
- Vegetables. …
- Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet) …
- Fruits, nuts. …
- Ores, slag, ash. …
- Tobacco manufactured substitutes.
What fruits does Kenya export?
Exports structure of 08 – Edible fruit and nuts; peel of citrus fruit or melons – from Kenya in 2020 represented by the following main commodity groups: 67% (145 million US$): 0804 – Dates, figs, pineapples, avocados, guavas, mangoes and mangosteens, fresh or dried.
How long does it take to get an export Licence?
For a SIEL (Standard Individual Export Licence) the application will take approximately 6 weeks, and the licence will be valid for the export of a specific quantity/value of goods to a named consignee and valid until it is exhausted or two years whichever comes first.
How do I start exporting?
To start export business, the following steps may be followed:
- Establishing an Organisation. …
- Opening a Bank Account. …
- Obtaining Permanent Account Number (PAN) …
- Obtaining Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) Number. …
- Registration cum membership certificate (RCMC) …
- Selection of product. …
- Selection of Markets.
Is import export a good business?
It is a good idea, the world is more open than ever before, trading or import-export is booming. Small export business can be very lucrative if you are executing a great export-import business idea. … Each of those could be your starting point for your own export import business.
Can I export without license?
The Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) from time to time specifies through a public notice such terms and conditions according to which any goods, not included in the ITC (HS) classifications, may be exported without a license.
Why export license is important?
As previously mentioned, export license is required for high value and high price goods. Licensing is important for the safety of the goods that are being transported and it may appear as a report of the goods to the state. Customs officials may request an insurance, evidence or invoice.
How do I get an export certificate for my house?
Documents required for Star Export House Certificate
- Application Form –ANF 3C.
- Submitting Hard copy of ANF3C.
- CA Certificate as per Annexure to ANF 3C.
- Statement of Export, Certified by Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Self-certified copy of IEC.
- Self-certified copy of valid RCMC.
- Self-certified copy of PAN.
What is proof of export?
“In the case of export through Merchant-exporter the document prescribed by Sales Tax Department will be accepted as the proof of export. … After the goods have been exported by the merchant exporters, the latter issues these forms to the manufacturers of the goods.
Who is responsible for export license?
Under U.S. law it is the responsibility of the exporter to classify the item(s) and to determine if an export license is required from any United States Government agency. Please refer to Part 774 (CCL) of the Export Administration Regulations for the Commerce Control List.
What is the fees for IEC code?
IEC Code Number Application Fee Rs 250.00 (Expert TIP : Pay via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer ), and submit IEC Online Application form, If you wish to receive IEC Number instantly) The physical application containing required documents should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.