How do I apply for smart DL?
How To Apply For a Smart Driving Licence in Kenya
- Register on TIMS. Create an account on NTSA TIMS platform, if you have an account, all you have to do is log in. …
- Once you have created an account with TIMS, go back to tims.ntsa.go.ke and sign in. …
- The ‘Apply for smart DL’ page houses your current Driving licence details. …
- Payment. …
- Book an appointment with NTSA.
How much does a driving license cost in Kenya?
A driving licence is valid for either one (1) year or three (3) years depending on which one you have paid for. A three-year licence will cost Sh1400 plus a Sh50convinience fee. A one-year licence on the other hand will cost Sh600 and Sh50 convenience fee.
How do I book a smart DL appointment?
To book a visit, you will have to follow these steps:
- You will need to create an account on NTSA’s TIMS portal. …
- After creating your account/login in, navigate to the Driving License tab on the top navigation bar.
- Tap on the blue SMART DL APPOINTMENT button.
How do I get a digital driving Licence in Kenya?
How To Apply For A Digital Driving Licence In Kenya
- Create NTSA Transport information management portal. If you have an e- citizen account, you can access the NTSA portal. …
- Pay NTSA a visit to their offices. …
- Personal Details Confirmation. …
- Lipa na MPESA. …
- Capture Bio-metrics and signature. …
- Get your Digital Driving License.
How long does smart DL take?
How long does it take to get smart driving license. It takes about 3 weeks to get your smart driving license after your bio metrics have been taken.
How do I know if my smart DL is ready?
If and when you want to check if your Driving license is ready;
- Log into your eCitizen account.
- Select NTSA tab.
- Then select on check status.
- You will then get a notification regarding whether your License is prepared or not.
How long does a driving course take in Kenya?
The School provides driving lessons, theory classes and video programs which enable students to pass the basic Basic Mechanics Training, First Aid Training, Advanced Long Distance Driving, and the New Super Highways Course. The course durations which takes 3 – 4 weeks for 2 -3 hours vary according to your schedule.
What are the classes of driving Licence in Kenya?
The driving licence categories in Kenya are divided into 7 groups: A, B, C, D, E, F and G. These categories specify the class of vehicles that a licence holder can drive.
Can I drive with PDL in Kenya?
The holder of a PDL shall not be allowed to a drive on a road unless they are in the company of a qualified driver holding a valid driving licence for the class the applicant has been permitted to drive. The process for application for a PDL is as follows: Log into the TIMS NTSA portal https://tims.ntsa.go.ke.
Is my DL ready for collection?
You can easily check if your driving licence is ready for collection by logging into the NTSA App. If you applied for a Smart Driving Licence, log into the NTSA App or NTSA TIMS website using your details. … You will be able to see your Driving licence registration number, the date it was issued and the expiry date.
How do I pay my smart DL via mpesa?
How to Pay for the Smart License
- Open your Mpesa menu of the smartphone.
- Click on the Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Select paybill.
- Business number: 206206.
- Select the account number and key in your Identification number.
- Key in the amount Ksh 3050.
- Add in your Mpesa PIN.
- Select okay and confirm details.
How do I open a Tims account?
Steps to registering for a TIMS account
- Go to your phone or computer browser and on the search box type in ntsa.go.ke.
- You will land on the homepage of the NTSA/TIMS website. …
- There will be a list of icons and options at the centre of the page to choose which kind of account you want to register.
What are the classes of driving Licence?
Class A: Combination vehicles, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) over 26,000 lbs., towing trailer over 10,000 lbs. Class B: Single or Combination vehicles, GVWR over 26,000 lbs., towing trailer under 10,000 lbs. Class C: Vehicle under 26,000 lbs., transporting hazardous materials or carrying 16+ passengers.
How do I renew my driving Licence in Kenya?
Steps to renew a driver’s licence with the NTSA eCitizen Portal
- Select “National Transport and Safety Authority” for renewal of a driving license application.
- Choose “Submit Application” option and select “Driving Licences”
What is NC license?
The N.C. REAL ID is a REAL ID Act-compliant driver license that is just like a traditional license or ID but has a star at the top. Driver licenses and IDs without a gold star are noted “Not for Federal Identification.”