It should take atleast 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take atleast 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
How do I know if my passport is ready in Kenya?
Tracking Kenyan passport status via SMS uses the short code 2032
- Using your mobile phone start a new message.
- Type the Kenyan passport number that was given after application.
- Send the text message to the code 2032.
- You will receive an SMS showing either passport ready for pickup in Kenya or passport still processing.
How long does it take to process a passport now?
Yes. We now offer routine service in 10-12 weeks and expedited service in 4-6 weeks. Expedited service costs an additional $60. If you applied and have not received your passport, you may call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 and request to expedite your passport in 4-6 weeks.
How much does a passport cost in Kenya?
|Valid in||All countries|
|Cost||34 Pages Ordinary “A” Series Kshs. 4550. 50 pages Ordinary “B” Series Kshs. 6050. 66 Pages Ordinary “C” Series kshs.7550. East African passport ksh.990. Mutilated Passport Kshs 10,050. Lost Passport Kshs 12,050.|
How long does it take to get a passport in Kenya 2019?
How long does it take to get the new passport after application in Kenya? 15 working days. That is about 3 weeks total. This is the standard official time.
How can I check my passport status online in Kenya?
You can track your passport progress either online or offline using the SMS platform.
Kenyan passport tracking by SMS
- The passport tracking service utilizes the shortcode 2032, and you can do it using the following steps:
- Open the messages app on your phone and begin a new message.
How will I know if my passport is ready?
You can call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY) to check on your status.
How much is it to update my passport?
Overview. It costs £75.50 to renew or replace your passport if you apply online or £85 if you fill in a paper form. You must be aged 16 or over (or turning 16 in the next 3 weeks) if you want an adult passport. There’s a different process to get a passport for a child.
How can I track my passport application online?
- Access the Online Passport Status System to check your application status.
- You may not be able to get a status update for 4 weeks after you apply or renew.
What is the current passport fee for 2020?
I’m an adult (16 and older) and I’m applying for the first time
|Passport Book & Card||DS-11||$140|
What to bring when applying for passports?
2. Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired)
- U.S. birth certificate that meets the following requirements: Issued by the city, county, or state of birth. …
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
Is dual citizenship allowed in Kenya?
According to the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011, the Dual Citizenship is permissible in Kenya. … An application to declare dual citizenship can be submitted concurrently with a passport application.
Do you get a refund if your passport is denied?
Answer: The U.S. Department of State does not refund passport application and execution fees for applicants whose application for a passport was denied. The only fee that may be refunded is the expedite passport fee and that is on a case-by-case basis.
How many countries can you travel with Kenyan passport?
If you hold a Kenyan passport, then I have good news for you. Your passport can allow to travel to 72 countries either visa free or that you can get a visa on arrival when travelling to these countries.
Can I apply for passport without birth certificate in Kenya?
KENYANS WITHOUT IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
If you were born in Kenya but have never held a Kenyan passport or ID card or only have a recently issued Kenyan birth certificate, you cannot apply for a Kenyan passport or be issued a Travel Document by the Embassy.