Getting married in Africa’s most populous country is big business and said to be worth millions of dollars, according to market research group, TNS Global. Nigerian wedding can cost up to $9,460-$13,515 with guest lists matching the super-sized budgets. Some weddings in the country cater for an average of 1000 guests.
How much does it cost to do wedding in Nigeria?
A successful wedding in Nigeria is usually known for big spending. An average wedding in Nigeria costs about ₦600,000 to ₦3,000,000. That is over $3,000 for just 6 hours of festivities, dancing, and eating. Although it is mostly a once in a lifetime event, it is a very big business in Nigeria.
How much do wedding planners charge in Nigeria?
Average cost for a professional event planner ranges from ₦ 100,000 – ₦ 500,000. Professional event planners help you to co-ordinate every aspect of your event, from helping you to choose a venue to the last detail.
How much does a small wedding cost in Nigeria?
The average cost of the 5 small Nigerian weddings we showcased in the examples is N1,022,280.00 – in case you wanted to know. Note that this may not be the typical average cost of Nigerian weddings, but at least you get an idea to start preparing for how much to plan to spend in your own wedding.
How can I plan a cheap wedding in Nigeria?
How to Plan a Low-Key Wedding in Nigeria: 8 Ideas that Work
- 1 8 Low Key Wedding Ideas for Small Weddings that Look Like a Million Bucks.
- 2 #1. Make a Wedding Shopping List.
- 3 #2. Make a Wedding To-Do List and Timeline.
- 4 #3. Ask For Help.
- 5 #4. Keep Your Attendants (Bridesmaids and Groomsmen) Few.
- 6 #5. Keep the Meal Style Simple.
- 7 #6. Limit (Food) Menu Options.
- 8 #7.
Who pays for the wedding in Nigeria?
There is no fixed rule or guideline, and the answer varies from culture to culture and from family to family. The parents cover the cost of most Nigerian weddings but we are beginning to see more financially stable couples choose to pay for their wedding themselves.
How much will a simple wedding cost?
The average cost of a wedding in California is $39,000. However, this is an average wedding cost, and this number can be smaller or higher that depends on your personal preferences.
How much does a wedding cost in California.
|Average Wedding cost|
How can I save money for my wedding in Nigeria?
9 Cost-Saving Ideas to Cut Down Wedding Cost in Nigeria
- #1: Pre-agree on a Specific Number of Guests.
- #2: Use Text Messaging to Send Out Wedding Invites.
- #3: Use the Same Venue for Both the Wedding Ceremony and Reception.
- #4: Have White and Trad Wedding on Same Day.
- #5: Avoid Setting Your Wedding Date On a Busy Month/ Week.
How can I plan my Nigerian wedding in 3 months?
14-Step Checklist to Planning a Wedding in 3 Months or Less (and Timeline)
- Step 1: Pick the Timeline and a Date Between Now and the Next 3 or 4 months.
- Step 2: Choose the Location (State/ Country)
- Step 3: Just Do It! …
- Step 4: Set a specific budget (amount) for the wedding.
How much should a wedding cost for 150 guests?
The website costofwedding.com pegs the national average at $25,764, while The Knot reports an average of $33,391. The Knot also says the typical wedding includes 100 to 150 guests. Source: The Knot.
How long does a Nigerian wedding last?
Nigerian nuptial ceremonies are typically between 30 minutes to one hour long while the reception generally lasts anywhere from four to six hours so there’s enough time for outfit changes and sufficient dancing.
How do you budget for a small wedding?
Here are seven ways to keep wedding costs down and help you stay on budget!
- Limit your guest list. …
- Host the ceremony or reception at home or outside. …
- Ask friends and family to exchange skills for presents. …
- Do-it-yourself whenever possible. …
- Use a dummy wedding cake. …
- Time your wedding wisely. …
- Scout out vendors.
What is the best budget for a wedding?
A $30,000 Wedding Budget Breakdown
- Church/Ceremony Rental: $400.
- Wedding Planner: $2,800.
- Reception Venue and Full-Service Catering: $17,000, including all food, alcohol, rentals, and staff for 140 guests.
- Flowers: $2,500.
- Photography and Videography: $4,000.
- Attire: $1,400 dress; $250 suit.
- Live Band: $3,000.
How do you plan a simple and classy wedding?
We’ve put together 9 ways to keep your wedding as simple as can be:
- Make your guest list the A-list. …
- Hire a wedding planner/day-of coordinator. …
- Pick a venue or setting that looks great au naturel. …
- Get married and have your reception in the same place! …
- Embrace “All Inclusive”. …
- Give your bridal party fashion freedom.
How do I plan a small and classy wedding?
How to Have a Small Wedding
- Be Selective About Your Guest List. …
- Skip the Wedding Party. …
- Invite Others to Virtually Attend. …
- Plan Two Events: One Small and One Big. …
- Select a Meaningful Venue. …
- Get Your Guests Involved in the Event. …
- Infuse Your Love Story Into the Wedding Menu. …
- Focus on the Small Details.