|Registration of Business name||Kshs 950||1 day|
|Limited Liability Partnership||Kshs 25000||1 day|
|Private Limited Company||Kshs 10650||3-5 days|
|Public Limited Company||Kshs 10650||3-5 days|
How do I register a business name in Kenya?
You must be able to access your eCitizen portal to obtain a business name registration form in Kenya.
- Step 1 – Log into your eCitizen portal. Go to the eCitizen portal and key in your username/email and password.
- Step 2 – Submit your business name. …
- Step 3 – Payment procedure. …
- Step 4 – Get confirmation of name registration.
How much does it cost to register a business name with a CAC?
The CAC official filing fee for the registration of business name in Nigeria is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only). However, where an accredited agent is engaged by the applicant for such registration, the agent will also charge a professional fee for the services to be rendered.
How much does business name cost?
The fees for registering a business name are: $37 for one year.
How do I get my business registration certificate in Kenya?
Go to the Business registration tab and click on the partnership or sole proprietorship tab. You will be redirected to an empty BN2 form which you will be required to fill with the relevant details. Upload ID card/passport, KRA PIN certificate and recent colored passport photographs of sole proprietor or partners.
How long does business name registration take in Kenya?
A Business Name registration will take an average of 3 days to process.
What are the requirements for business registration?
Register your business in the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- DTI Certificate of Registration.
- Barangay Business Clearance.
- Mayor’s Permit.
- Certificate of Lease (if the place is rented) or Certificate of Land Title (if owned)
- Government-issued identification (Passport, Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, etc.
What’s the difference between registering a company and business name?
Companies must be registered with ASIC, and company officeholders have legal obligations under the Corporations Act. Registering a business name does not provide exclusive ownership of that name. It also doesn’t prevent other people from being able to register and use similar names.
What are the benefits of registering a business name?
ADVANTAGES OF BUSINESS NAME
- Business name requires little capital.
- Business name is easy to register.
- Business name requires less formalities.
- A sole person can register a Business name.
- Profit of the business is solely owned by the owner.
- Tax liability in Business name is minimal.
- Decision making is easier with Business name.
What is the difference between company and business name?
A Business name is easy to register. It has less formal legal requirements unlike a company. A business name can be formed by one or more persons i.e. sole proprietorship or partnership while a company needs a minimum of two persons as members as well as directors to be registered.
How do I choose a business name?
How to choose a name for your business
- Be descriptive but not too general or vague. Don’t choose a name that is too vague or too meaningful. …
- Use related words in a creative way. …
- Keep it simple. …
- Don’t copy your competitors. …
- Avoid using your own name. …
- Choose a name that’s scalable. …
- Make sure you have a related domain.
How do I purchase a business name?
Go to the secretary of state’s website in the state you want to register the business. Each state has its own database of companies registered. Enter the name you want to use in the search window and look for companies that might already be using your name.
Can I have a business name as a sole trader?
Can a sole trader have a business name? Absolutely. Being a sole trader doesn’t mean you have to operate under your own personal name. The entity will always be your personal name, but you can still register a business name to use.
How do I register a business in Kenya 2020?
How to register a business in Kenya
- Log into your eCitizen account: www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Click on business registration service.
- Log in once again using the same details.
- Click on Make Application.
- Select Business Name Registration.
Can a foreigner register a business in Kenya?
Generally, Kenya requires that foreigners wanting to own, or run a business in Kenya to obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Immigration. The type of permit applied for will depend on whether the foreigner will be an owner of the business or simply an employee (to be elaborated further below).
How do I register a company in Kenya 2020?
how to register a business in Kenya 2020
- Business Name Search and ecitizen business registration. With our help the applicant shall be required to propose five desired name to the Registrar of Companies in Kenya for company registration.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association. …
- Stamp duty Payment. …
- Company Registration in Kenya forms.