|Good afternoon (Afternoon greeting)||Masikati Masikati, maswera sei? (reply)|
|Good evening (Evening greeting)||Manheru Maswera sei (reply)|
How do you greet in Zimbabwe?
- Greet anyone older than yourself first. …
- The common greeting is a firm handshake with the right hand. …
- The traditional greeting involves a clap after the handshake. …
- Women may lower their body briefly, kneel or curtsy whilst shaking hands out of respect. …
- Family and friends may hug and pat one another on the back.
How do you say thank you in Zimbabwe?
- English: Thank you.
- Shona: Ndatenda (Thank you to one person), Tatenda (Thank you to several people)
- Ndebele: Ngiyabonga (Thank you to one person), Siyabonga (Thank you to several people)
How do you say goodnight in Zimbabwe?
A collection of useful phrases in Shona, a Bantu language spoken mainly in Zimbabwe.
Useful Shona phrases.
|Good night||Urare zvakanaka (sg) Murare Zvakanaka (pl)|
|Goodbye (Parting phrases)||Sara Zvakanaka (sg) Sariayi Zvakanaka (pl)|
What do they speak in Zimbabwe?
Amazingly, 16 different languages are recognised and spoken in Zimbabwe: Shona, Ndebele, Tonga, Tswana, Kalanga, Venda, Koisan, Shangani, Ndau, Chibarwe, Nambya, Xhosa, Chewa, sign language, Sotho, and finally, English.
What does Mbinga mean in Shona?
To reach full stage of development; to come of age. Imperative example. Shona. English. mbinga.
How do you say I love you in Shona Zimbabwe?
Try these other romantic phrases and terms of endearment including how to say ‘I miss you’ in Shona.
Romantic Phrases & Terms of Endearment in Shona.
|I love you so much||Ndinokudisisa|
|I love you with all my heart||Ndinokuda nemoyo wangu wese|
|I miss you||Ndakusuwa|
What does Zimbabwe mean in Shona?
The word zimbabwe, the country’s namesake, is a Shona (Bantu) word meaning “stone houses.” Ruins of the royal palace at Great Zimbabwe, southeastern Zimbabwe.
How do you say thank you in different ways?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
What is the African word for thank you?
The most important lesson to remember is that In Afrikaans, “Thank you” is dankie. Another useful phrase is Baie dankie vir alles. Baie and dankie together mean “Thank you very much”.
How do you say thank you in Shangaan?
Ndza khensa – Thank you — Xitsonga Language & Grammar.
Is Shona hard to learn?
Whether you’re planning a trip to Zimbabwe or simply want to talk to a friend or family member in their native language, learning to speak Shona is not difficult. Because the language is phonetic, start by learning how to pronounce the alphabet.
How do you respond to Maswera sei?
“Maswera sei?” (“How are you?”) “Taswera maswerawo,” I answered. (“I am fine if you are fine.”) “Taswera.” (“I am fine.”)
Is Shona a language?
Shona is a language from the Bantu family and is spoken in Zimbabwe. It is the mother tongue of 75% of the people of Zimbabwe.