|Characteristic||Share of deaths|
|Ischemic heart disease||4.37%|
|Congenital birth defects||3.26%|
What are the top three causes of death in Nigeria?
- Diarrheal diseases.
- lschemic heart disease.
What diseases are common in Nigeria?
major health problem in Nigeria. The top causes of death in Nigeria are; malaria, lower respiratory infections, HIV/AIDS, diarrheal diseases, road injuries, protein-energy malnutrition, cancer, meningitis, stroke and tuberculosis.
How many people have died in Nigeria in 2019?
NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus.
Nigeria Death Rate 1950-2021.
|Nigeria – Historical Death Rate Data|
|Year||Death Rate||Growth Rate|
What are the top 20 causes of death?
Top 20 Causes of Mortality Throughout the World
- Ischaemic heart disease. 7,208. 12.6%
- Cerebrovascular disease. 5,509. 9.7.
- Lower respiratory infections. 3,884. 6.8.
- HIV/AIDS. 2,777. 4.9.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. 2,748. 4.8.
- Diarrheal diseases. 1,798. 3.2.
- Tuberculosis. 1,566. 2.7.
- Malaria. 1,272. 2.2.
What is the main cause of death in Niger?
The leading causes of death are diarrheal diseases, pneumonia, malaria and infections. The dry season (October to May), is marked by epidemics of meningitis and measles. The rainy season, (June to September), is marked by cholera, malaria, acute respiratory infections and diarrheal diseases.
Why is Nigeria’s death rate so high?
The crude birth rate of 46/1000 population and the crude death rate of 15/1000 makes Nigeria one of 12 out of 40 countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a high growth rate. Growth rates are higher in urban than semi-urban and rural areas. … Many deaths among women and children are attributed to malnutrition.
Is Zika virus in Nigeria?
Nigeria has a history of previous Zika Virus transmission. There is currently no evidence of an ongoing Zika Virus outbreak. However, there is limited information available and there may be delays in detecting and reporting new cases. Take meticulous anti-mosquito bite measures during the daytime.
Is Lassa fever still in Nigeria?
Lassa fever (LF) is a zoonotic infectious disease of public concern in Nigeria. The infection dynamics of the disease is not well elucidated in Nigeria. This study was carried out to describe the pattern of infection, case fatality rate and spread of lassa virus (LASV) from 2017 to 2020.
What are the top 10 most common diseases?
- Heart disease. Share on Pinterest Many of the top 10 causes of death are preventable through lifestyle changes and regular checkups. …
- Cancer. Deaths in 2017: 599,108. …
- Unintentional injuries. …
- Chronic lower respiratory disease. …
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases. …
- Alzheimer’s disease. …
- Diabetes. …
- Influenza and pneumonia.
Who died in 2020?
16 Icons Who Passed Away in 2020
- Kobe Bryant (August 23, 1978 – January 26, 2020)
- Kirk Douglas (December 9, 1916 – February 5, 2020)
- Kenny Rogers (August 21, 1938 – March 20, 2020)
- Roy Horn (October 3, 1944 – May 8, 2020)
- Little Richard (December 5, 1932 – May 9, 2020)
- Olivia de Havilland (July 1, 1916 – July 26, 2020)
What are the top 5 preventable deaths?
The estimated number of potentially preventable deaths and the proportion preventable among the five leading causes of death in persons aged <80 years were 87,950 for diseases of the heart (30% preventable); 63,209 for cancer (15% preventable); 45,331 for unintentional injuries (43% preventable); 29,232 for CLRD (36% …
What is the number one cause of death for teenagers?
The five leading causes of death among teenagers are Accidents (unintentional injuries), homicide, suicide, cancer, and heart disease. Accidents account for nearly one-half of all teenage deaths.