The Atilogwu became the most talked about traditional dance in Nigeria. The style, sequence and eloquent movements of the dancers thrilled spectators who wondered whether there was magic in the dance.
What is traditional dance and example?
A Traditional dance will therefore have arisen from a people’s cultural traditions, for example, the folk dances of indigenous populations of Europe. However, dances that have a ritual origin or purpose are not usually considered to be Traditional dances. These are known as ‘Religious dances’ instead.
What are the different types of traditional dance?
Morris Dance – Traditional English dance originating in the 15th century. Polka – Popular traditional dance from the Czech Republic that is danced all around the world. Turkish dances – Bar, Halay, Horon, Zeybek and Sufi spinning dance. Hungarian dances – Includes Verbuňk, Ugrós, Karikázóm, Legényes and Csárdás.
What is the name of the traditional dance?
They are Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kathakali, Manipuri, Kuchipudi, and Odissi. The folk dances of India are much more than mere body movements, from the very ancient times the classical dance forms of India is considered as a discipline and a way to devote yourself to God through art.
What is traditional African dance?
African dance also known popularly as “Afro” refers mainly to the dance of Sub-Saharan Africa, and more appropriately African dances because of the many cultural differences in musical and movement styles. … African dances are largely participatory, with spectators being part of the performance.
What is traditional dance in your own words?
Traditional dancing can be another term for folk dance, or sometimes even for ceremonial dance. The term ‘Traditional’ is more frequently used when the emphasis is on the cultural roots of the dance. … However, dances that have a ritual origin or purpose are not usually considered to be Traditional dances.
What are the benefits of traditional dance?
Health benefits of dancing
- improved condition of your heart and lungs.
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness.
- increased aerobic fitness.
- improved muscle tone and strength.
- weight management.
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
- better coordination, agility and flexibility.
Which dance is most popular?
Here is a list of the most popular types of dance:
- Hip Hop.
- Tap Dance.
- Folk Dance.
- Irish Dance.
What are the characteristics of traditional dance?
Traditional Social Dancing is a total activity — it involves body, mind, spirit, feeling. It is personal, intimate, communicative, social, public. It is creative / spontaneous / individual and structured / coordinated / conventional. It has no institutional standards or rules, no corporate hierarchies.
What is the best style of dance?
The Top 10 Types of Dance
- Ballet. Tutus, pointe shoes and men in tights are what come to mind when someone mentions ballet. …
- Tap. Tap is best described as “musical feet”. …
- Jazz. Jazz is the most popular style of dance among dancers. …
- Modern. …
- Lyrical. …
- Hip Hop. …
- Contemporary. …
- Highland Dancing.
What is Jawara dance?
Jawara. The folk-dance form, Jawara, is basically a peasant dance, which is performed by the peasants of the Bundelkhand region upon the reaping of the harvest, in celebration of prosperity. Both men and women wear colourful costumes to participate in this dance.
Which classical dance is best?
6 Best Classical Dances of India
- Bharatanatyam : One of the most ancient Indian classical dance forms is Bharatanatyam from southern India basically Tamil Nadu. …
- Kathakali : Kathakali originated from southwestern India, around the state of Kerala. …
- Manipuri : Manipuri originated from Manipur in northeastern India. …
- Kuchipudi : …
- Odissi :
What is Bengali dance called?
1) Gambhira. 2) Kirtan dance. 3) Kushan folk dance of West bengal. 4) Alkap Dance. 5) Chhau- Most popular of the folk dances of West Bengal.
What is the African dance called?
African dance is polyrhythmic—the simultaneous sounding of two or more independent rhythms in drummers and dancers, the relationship of rhythm to movement is key.
What is the most popular dance in Africa?
Gwara Gwara dance has become one of the most popular dance styles in Africa.
Which country has the best dance in Africa?
Top 10 African Dance Styles of 2018
- Shaku Shaku Dance – Nigeria. …
- Odi Dance – Kenya. …
- Gwara Gwara Dance – South Africa. …
- Rosalina Dance – Democratic Republic of Congo. …
- Pilolo Dance – Ghana. …
- Malwedhe/Idibala Dance – South Africa. …
- Black Panther/Wakanda – Africa/Diaspora. …
- Vosho Dance – South Africa.