What do I need to bring to Egypt?
Other Clothing Essentials to Pack for Egypt
- Swimsuit and a cover-up if your hotel has a pool or if you are going to a beach.
- Flip flops for the beach or pool.
- Gym clothes and shoes if your hotel has an exercise facility.
- One pair of underwear per day.
- One pair of socks per day.
What can you not bring to Egypt?
Egypt Customs Regulations – What You Cannot Take to Egypt
- 200 cigarettes, 25 cigars, or 200 grams of tobacco.
- 1 liter of alcoholic beverages.
- 1 liter of perfume or eau de cologne.
- Non-commercial articles with a total value under USD $200.
- Goods for personal use.
What do I need to know before going to Egypt?
Important Things to Know Before Going to Egypt
- Security is an issue to consider seriously. …
- Hassling, scams and bribery run rampant. …
- Tipping is very much expected. …
- You don’t need to avoid visiting during Ramadan. …
- The summer months are sweltering hot. …
- Be prepared for the extra charges. …
- Dress on the conservative side.
How expensive is a trip to Egypt?
Egypt trip cost
I estimate that 8 days in Egypt, including a Nile River cruise and professional, private guides, will cost approximately $2,430 per person. Not bad considering this estimate also includes private guides for all of the sites and attractions.
How do tourists dress in Egypt?
Also, when in Upper Egypt, it is best to be more covered and for women to not wear extreme makeup, as this will only attract more unwanted attention. Some tourists wear what they like (tank tops, sun dresses, short shorts, low necks, see- through blouses) – without any consideration for the local culture or customs.
What should I wear on a trip to Egypt?
Solo Woman’s Packing List for Egypt
- 3-5 Pairs of underwear.
- 1 Pair of solid walking shoes (I wore my Keens hiking sandals)
- 2 Loose fitting, wide legged ankle length pants.
- 1 Ankle length light weight skirt.
- 3 Tunic style wrist length tops that have modest necklines.
- 2-3 Light weight scarves.
- 1 Scarf pin.
- 1 Pair of sunglasses.
What food is banned in Egypt?
The ban will remain on items including rocket sprouts, sprouts of leguminous vegetables (fresh or chilled), soya bean sprouts, dried (shelled) leguminous vegetables, fenugreek seeds, soya beans and mustard seeds.
What medication is illegal in Egypt?
The list of the illegal drugs includes: Nicocodeine, Didrex Tablets, PROXEN, Mogadon, NITRAZEN, vaccine injections, KETAMINE INJ, Ergotamine, Dextromethorphan, Pulmolar, Co-Diovan, Kodinalin, Somanil, Phenobarbital, Nova Tablets that have an extended effect.
What medication is banned in Egypt?
The only drug prescribed in the UK which is banned in Egypt is methadone (heroin substitute). So long as you have only the amount you need and the prescription (or letter from your GP) for any meds you’re going to need whilst on holiday, taking prescription meds into Egypt is fine.
Do and don’ts in Egypt?
Do respect the monuments archaeological sites are human heritage don’t touch scratch or sit on it. Do dress correctly whilst there is no specific dress code in the cities, women will feel more comfortable if they do not wear shorts or have their shoulders uncovered.
What is considered rude in Egypt?
– The left hand is considered unclean in Egypt. Unless you are handling something considered dirty, always use the right hand. Avoid gestures with the left hand. – Pointing is considered extremely rude.
Why is Egypt so dangerous?
Why it’s so dangerous: This country topped the Trip by Skyscanner list of dangerous places, and the U.S. Department of State has issued a stern warning to travelers about going to Egypt: “A number of terrorist groups, including ISIS, have committed multiple deadly attacks in Egypt, targeting government officials and …
Is it safe to visit Egypt in 2021?
Yes, Egypt is safe to visit right now. In fact, it’s been very safe to visit for the last couple of years, so you’ll be in for a treat. That being said, you should still make use of your travel common sense to avoid any trouble.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Egypt?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Egypt is March.
Which is the best month to visit Egypt?
The best time to visit Egypt is between October and April, when temperatures are cooler, but still pleasantly warm across the country. This makes exploring the busy streets of Cairo, visiting the Pyramids in the desert, and exploring ancient Pharaonic tombs more comfortable and enjoyable.