As of the third quarter of 2020, WhatsApp was the most popular social media in Nigeria. The platform was mentioned by 93 percent of internet users aged 16 to 64 years. Facebook and Youtube followed, being used respectively by 86 percent and 82 percent of the individuals with access to the internet.
How many social media do we have in Nigeria?
Social media statistics for Nigeria
- There were 33.00 million social media users in Nigeria in January 2021.
- The number of social media users in Nigeria increased by 6.0 million (+22%) between 2020 and 2021.
- The number of social media users in Nigeria was equivalent to 15.8% of the total population in January 2021.
How many Nigerian youths are on social media?
In 2019, there were approximately 24.59 million social network users in Nigeria, and this figure is projected to grow to 44.63 million users in 2025.
Number of social network users in Nigeria from 2017 to 2025 (in millions)
|Characteristic||Number of users in millions|
What is the most popular social media 2020?
The 7 Top Social Media Sites You Need to Care About in 2020
- Instagram. Long the home of influencers, brands, bloggers, small business owners, friends and everyone in between, Instagram has topped well over 1 billion monthly users. …
- YouTube. …
- 3. Facebook. …
- Twitter. …
- TikTok. …
- Pinterest. …
How many Nigerian are on Instagram?
There were 6 408 000 Instagram users in Nigeria in February 2020, which accounted for 3% of its entire population. The majority of them were men – 59.7%.
Does Nigeria have Internet?
In 2020, Nigeria had 99.05 million internet users. … The internet penetration amounted to 46.6 percent of the population in 2020 and is set to reach 65.2 percent in 2025. Internet usage in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the most populous countries worldwide.
How active is social media?
3.96 billion people use social media worldwide, according to platform reports on the current number of active users. 58.11% of the world’s population is active on social media when looking at eligible audiences aged 13+ years, rising to 82% in North America.
How many twitter users are there?
What is meant by social media?
Social media is a computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information through the building of virtual networks and communities. By design, social media is Internet-based and gives users quick electronic communication of content.
Which social media is growing fastest?
In 2020, Bangladesh’s social media audience increased by 18.2 percent compared to the previous year, making the country the fastest-growing major social media market worldwide.
Is TikTok a social media?
Have you heard of TikTok? On the of chance you haven’t heard of it, it is a social media platform that is especially useful for brands that want to stay relevant with their social media strategy.
How many users are on TikTok?
2. TikTok is the 7th most-used social network. With 689 million global active users as of January 2021, TikTok ranks as the 7th most used social network in the world. Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, and WeChat outpace the app, with more than a billion users in each case.
Who has the highest Instagram followers in Nigeria 2020?
David Adeleke, famously known as Davido is the most followed Nigerian celebrity on Instagram with over 14 million followers.
Who has the highest followers on IG in Nigeria?
For this listicle, we look at the 10 most-followed Nigerian celebrity on the app.
- Davido (19.9M) Nigerian music star Davido [Instagram/Davido] …
- Yemi Alade (13.7M) …
- Funke Akindele Bello (13M) …
- Tiwa Savage (12.3M) …
- Wizkid (12.1M) …
- Ini Edo (11.2M) …
- Peter Okoye (10.8M) …
- Don Jazzy (10.8M)
Who has the highest followers on Tiktok in Nigeria?
This list contains Top 50 TikTok Influencers in Nigeria 2021 on TikTok
|1||Mc Shem Comedian @mcshemcomedian||4.3M|