Which university is best in medicine in Ethiopia?
|1 (698)||Addis Ababa University||ETH|
|2 (699)||Debre Markos University||ETH|
|3 (702)||Aksum University||ETH|
|4 (713)||University of Gondar||ETH|
|5 (734)||Mekelle University||ETH|
How many years does it take to become a doctor in Ethiopia?
In Ethiopia, students begin medical school right after high school and the program lasts six years. After they graduate, the young doctors are required to spend about two-to-four years practicing as primary care physicians as part of national service before beginning a four-year residency program.
How do I become a doctor in Ethiopia?
A. Academic requirements:
- The candidate should be a holder of doctor of medicine degree from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be a registered general practitioner by the Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia.
- The candidate must sit for and pass an entrance written examination and interview.
How many medical schools are there in Ethiopia?
For instance, in Ethiopia, although there are more than 30 recognized and operating medical schools, there seems to be no systematic and regular external or internal evaluation and accreditation procedures.
Which field is best in Ethiopia?
- Surgeons / Doctors. Salary Range: from 16,200 ETB to 51,600 ETB. …
- Judges. Salary Range: from 13,600 ETB to 43,400 ETB. …
- Lawyers. Salary Range: from 11,000 ETB to 35,100 ETB. …
- Bank Managers. Salary Range: from 10,400 ETB to 33,000 ETB. …
- Chief Executive Officers. …
- Chief Financial Officers. …
- Orthodontists. …
- College Professors.
What is the best field to study in Ethiopia?
Universities offering the most popular degree programs in Ethiopia
- Management (26)
- Engineering (23)
- Economics (23)
- Health (22)
- Environmental Studies (20)
- Business (20)
- Computer Science (19)
How much does it take to study medicine?
According to AAMC, 76% of medical school graduates finish school with some debt.
Average Cost of Medical School.
|Average Medical School Costs (2018-2019)|
|Type of Medical School||Average Cost|
|Public (In State)||$36,755|
|Public (Out of State)||$60,802|
|Private (In State and Out of State)||$59,775|
What is medical care like in Ethiopia?
Access to modern health care is very limited, and in many rural areas it is virtually nonexistent. The infant mortality rate is almost twice that of the world average. Common health concerns are lower respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, and HIV/AIDS.
What is the average salary in Ethiopia?
Average salary in Ethiopia is 665,305 ETB per year. The most typical earning is 280,483 ETB. All data are based on 321 salary surveys. Salaries are different between men and women.
Where is the best place to study medicine?
Top five universities for clinical studies and health sciences
- University of Oxford. Medicine at the University of Oxford is a traditional course, split into pre-clinical and clinical stages. …
- Harvard University. …
- University of Cambridge. …
- Imperial College London. …
- Stanford University.
Which is the best medical school in South Africa?
Top 5 medical schools in South Africa
- The University of Cape Town. The University of Cape Town. Photo: @themomentbehind. …
- University of the Witwatersrand. University of the Witwatersrand. …
- Stellenbosch University. Stellenbosch University. …
- University of KwaZulu Natal. University of KwaZulu Natal. …
- The University of Pretoria. The University of Pretoria.