Hameed Ibrahim Ali (born 15 January 1955) is the current Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service. A retired military officer, he previously served as Military Governor of Kaduna State from 1996 to 1998.
Who is the comptroller general of custom?
Nigerian Customs Service
|Jurisdiction||Federal Ministry of Finance (Nigeria)|
|Agency executive||Col Hameed Ali, Comptroller General|
Who is the Deputy Comptroller of Nigeria Custom Service?
GRACE ADEYEMO – Deputy Comptroller – Nigeria Customs Service HQ Abuja | LinkedIn.
Who is the first controller general of Nigeria Custom Service?
Dr. Bello Haliru Mohammed was the first Comptroller General under this arrangement. In 1992 the Department of Customs and Excise was transferred back to the Federal Ministry of Finance and in addition its status as a para-military organisation was recognised. It has since been known as Nigeria Customs Service.
Who is the Assistant Controller General of custom?
Aliyu Galadima Saidu has been appointed as acting Assistant Comptroller General of Customs to oversee the ICT/Modernisation Department of Nigeria Customs Service. Confirming this at the weekend, Joseph Attah, spokesman for the service said Saidu will be replacing Yusuf Bashar who retired recently.
How much is custom salary in Nigeria?
Nigeria Custom Service Salary Structure
1). The average salary of Nigerian customs service workers – N900,000 annually (N75,000 monthly). 2). However, the Controller-General of Customs receives the highest salary, seconded by the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Controller Generals.
How many deputy comptrollers does the Nigeria Customs Service have?
The Nigeria Customs Service is headed by the Comptroller-General and assisted by six (6) Deputy Comptrollers-Generals heading the departments as follows: Finance Administration and Technical Service. Tariff & Trade. Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection.
What are the duties of Nigerian Custom Service?
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following:
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same.
- Anti-Smuggling activities.
- Security functions.
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes.
How many deputy controller does custom have?
In the discharge of his duties, the Comptroller-General is assisted by six Deputy Comptrollers-General each heading a department.
How can I become a customs officer in Nigeria?
How To Become A Customs Officer In Nigeria
- Applicant must provide a certificate of origin signed by the Chairman of their Local Government.
- The height of a male applying must not be less than 1.7 metres , while the height of a female applying must not be less than 1.64 metres.
- A male applicant must have a fully expanded chest of not less than 0.87 metres.
What are the duties of custom service?
The principal roles of the Customs Service include:
- exercising customs control on the commercial international exchange.
- assessing and collecting customs duties and taxes in the part calculated at the State’s border (VAT, excise)
- fighting against smuggling activity and counteracting customs fraud.
What are the ranks in Nigeria Custom Service?
Salary Structure of The Nigerian Customs Services
|4||Assistant Superintendent of Customs II|
|5||Assistant Superintendent of Customs I|
|6||Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer|
|7||Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer|