According to the Traffic Act of the Laws of Kenya Section 31, You will need to be issued with a driving license here in Kenya for you to be able to drive in Kenya as a foreigner. You will not need to do any driving tests if you come from the Commonwealth countries or if you hold an international driving license.
How can a foreigner get a driver’s license in Kenya?
- Original passport and copy.
- Original foreign driving license and copy.
- Foreigners certificate.
- Work Permit/ Dependant pass.
- two passport Photographs.
- eCitizen Payment invoice.
Can foreigners drive in Kenya?
Foreign visitors can drive in Kenya with their domestic driver licenses and International driving permits for 90 days. For temporary importation a foreign registered vehicle, a temporary carnet is required. It is also required foreign vehicle permit and a third party insurance cover.
How much is international drivers license in Kenya?
International driving license Kenya cost
The costs of acquiring an international driving license are; 1 year 3,480 for a citizen and 6,480 a non-citizen. 2 years 8,916 for a citizen and 11,916 a non-citizen. 3 years 12,960 for a citizen and 15,960 a for a non-citizen.
How do I get a driver’s license in Kenya?
The process is as follows:
- Log into the e citizen website.
- Select the NTSA portal.
- Select Make application then select driving licence.
- Select one year driving licence renewal.
- fill in the required details and pay the required fee.
- Download your licence and stick it in your red book.
Can I use UK driving Licence in Kenya?
You can drive in Kenya with a valid UK driving licence for up to 3 months, or on a valid International Driving Permit. If you’re staying longer or living in Kenya, you’ll need to get a Kenyan driving licence.
Can a foreigner get a driver license in America?
Residents (Non-U.S. Citizens)
If you are eligible to apply for a driver’s license, you must get a driver’s license from the state where you live. … A U.S. driver’s license allows you to drive anywhere in the U.S. It is your responsibility to know and obey the laws of the state where you are driving.
Where can you not overtake in Kenya?
Do not overtake when you cannot see the road ahead, at a corner or a cross-road or around a bend. Beware of “Go Ahead” signals given by persons other than the driver.
Is Kenya dangerous for tourists?
Due to terrorism concerns, U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the Kenya-Somalia border counties and some coastal areas. Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas. Violent crime, such as armed carjacking, mugging, home invasion, and kidnapping, can occur at any time.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Kenya?
On average a rental car in Kenya costs $559 per week ($80 per day).
How do I apply for an international driver’s license?
4. Documents required for application
- Valid driving Licence & its copies.
- Recent passport size photographs – 3 Nos.
- Valid proof such as Passport & its copies.
- Proof of Visa and its copies.
- Copy of Air ticket for verification.
- Receipt for payment of fees.
- An application for IDL in Form – 4A.
- Medical certificate in Form 1A.
How much is an international driving license?
You can get an IDP over the counter at the Post Office. They cost £5.50 and you must: live in Great Britain or Northern Ireland. have a full UK driving licence.
How do I get an IDP?
The IDP must be issued in the same country as the driver’s license. In the case of a driver’s license being issued in the United States, the IDP must also be issued in the United States. Contact your nearest AAA office to obtain an IDP.
How long does it take to get a driving license in Kenya 2020?
After you have paid and submitted a successful application, you will be able to print the NTSA issued Interim Driving Licence which can be used as one waits for the Driving licence. The driving licence is issued after 14 working days. Instructions on collection issued licence are send via email and text.
How much is a driving Licence in Kenya?
1. It will cost you Kshs 3000 to get the new driving license. There will be a cost to you to acquire the new license. The new license will set you back by Kshs 3000.
How much is a driving school in Kenya?
Learner Driver Course
|Fresh Beginner||A1/A2/A3(Motorbike/Courier/3 Wheeler)||Ksh 5,780|
|Endorsement||A1/A2/A3(Motorbike/Courier/3 Wheeler)||Ksh 4,080|
|Fresh Beginner||B1/B2(Saloon-Auto/Manual)||Ksh 18,780|